Would £65k find a good example of a Manual 360? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would £65k find a good example of a Manual 360?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wayne_Manchester, Aug 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Make sure you drive an F1 car before buying Wayne, although I've not driven the F1 box in a 360, I have driven Cali, 458 and F12 models with it and can honestly say I wouldn't have any of them on the drive.
    For me, the only way to experience an F car is with 3 pedals, especially when the F1 box is as bad as it is (as I say, I've not experienced it in a 360 but it was truly awful in the 458 and worse in the F12 so I can't imagine earlier ones being any better)

YMMV but I really would try before you buy!

2. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Only sequential gearbox car I've really driven in anger was a Gallardo (E-Gear?) and I loved it. I have driven a Selespeed Fiat many years ago and also like how it felt but it was a friend's car and I was not pushing on at all and only for a few miles.
    Drove another friend's F430 but only to second gear at Oulton Park, sadly it was only in the car park :D

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Totally different gearboxes.... in 360 and 430, a mechanised manual gearbox with computer controlled clutch.... in the 458, F12, Cali, Ff etc, it’s a DSG double clutch fully automated computer controlled gearbox. The 360 and 430 need you to learn how to drive them quickly, and are amazing and rewarding boxes once you’ve worked it out. The 458 etc gearboxes are sublime, easy, immensely controllable and truly faster than any manual box even if you are Fernando Alonso or Sebastian Vettel you won’t get the changes done as well as those boxes.

I’m sorry, but I’m not really feeling that you yourself have driven any of those cars enough if you think they are awful gearboxes