Worth a check | FerrariChat

Worth a check

Discussion in '206/246' started by sulzeruk, Sep 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sulzeruk

sulzeruk Karting

Aug 8, 2006
    Bonnybridge, U.K.
    Full Name:
    Alasdair Cowan
    Hi all, i drilled all the spot welds today and removed the panel behind the drivers and passengers head. The fuel breather vent hose runs under this channel between the top of the filler neck and the right hand tank. It had caught round the back of one of the bonnet hinges and chafed a hole in the pipe. Not very good, the owner had said there was sometimes fumes in the cabin, probably this. Worth a check of this pipe. It seems to be the original one as I don't know how you would get the thing through there as it snakes around all the hinges and brackets! Will post pics of it!
    I also started to remove the right hand door slam panel spot welds today so that will be the next panel to come out, the whole bit around the side quarterlight windows will need changed.
    Graham, there is insulation under the panel behind the driver and passengers head, more moisture traps!
    Al Cowan

2. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Al, What panel is that?

3. sulzeruk

sulzeruk Karting

Aug 8, 2006
    Bonnybridge, U.K.
    Full Name:
    Alasdair Cowan
    Hi Graham, the one right behind the drivers head on a GT that the rear window sits onto, will get a pic of it,
    Alasdair

4. sulzeruk

sulzeruk Karting

Aug 8, 2006
    Bonnybridge, U.K.
    Full Name:
    Alasdair Cowan
    #4 sulzeruk, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Oh that bit. slightly different on the GTs but that car is sure worse than mine by a long way. in fact i hope the owner has a strong passion for the car as it surely won't be cost effective to repair. my car is going to cost all in about it's current market value to restore and thats with me doing a whole ton of the work myself.
    Regards, Graham.

6. sulzeruk

sulzeruk Karting

Aug 8, 2006
    Bonnybridge, U.K.
    Full Name:
    Alasdair Cowan
    Hi graham, we have costed it out to just under market value, I am far too cheap I think! It should be more desirable with the Campags and arches, it will be very nice when done. There really is not many well restored cars out there in the UK I have heard, much bodging (like this one) seems to have been done! They are also 35 years old some of them now as well!
    Alasdair

7. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Al, Is that taking into consideration that before the work the car probably had a market value of i guess around £30k?
    Graham.