worst car ever owned | Page 6 | FerrariChat

worst car ever owned

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by SBrooks, Jan 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    No offense, but you bought a car than needed maintenance that hadn't been performed (not your fault), which caused the timing belt to break and damage the engine (most engines today are interference), and this is somehow the car's fault? Seems to me it was the previous owner's fault for not letting you know you needed to do a timing belt ASAP. Or maybe your fault for not checking to see if the proper maintenance had been performed.

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

2. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    I know what comes next! My wife called a few weeks back to let me know she was sitting on the side of the road in DC because the car suddenly started smoking like it was on fire! She pulled off the road very quickly and shut it off, and the smoke stopped. As it turned out, the supercharger seized up! Thank God for the warranty we purchased!

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

3. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    '99 BMW 323. This was an 18-month old car with 20,000 miles when we bought it.

BMW lost their butt on the extended warranty. In the two years we owned it, it was in the shop about 6 times for a total of 8 weeks or so. The second time it was being put on a flatbed to be hauled to the dealer I decided enough was enough.

We bought a new Mercedes and never looked back.