WORLD'S WORST DAILY DRIVERS? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

WORLD'S WORST DAILY DRIVERS?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Hutch360, Mar 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hey! Im asian...Being 21, I do notice that the "older" asian drivers (im not catagorizing any specific nationality) are bad at driving. The ones I see that bother me are the ones that have a Flip Visor that also wear long gloves to cover their whole arm.

There are however great drivers that are asian...such as Keiichi Tsuchiya who is known for being DK. (Drift King not Donkey Kong!)

2. car-ographer

car-ographer Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    homeless in LA :-(
    Full Name:
    Jessica G.
    Ok...I see a lot of defending Asian drivers, but everybody full-heartedly agrees that women in general are bad drivers.

Now I don't want to come across as some b*tchy feminist or something...but does anybody think that that is a little broad as well? Don't get me wrong, I have only driven with one woman that I considered a good driver,(she owns an Elise and takes it through Malibu canyon weekly) but I think to 'categorize' all women as bad drivers is unfair. I would just say most are:)

However, there are PLENTY of men who are just as bad. I almost get hit on a daily basis by bad drivers, and they are almost always men...most of the time talking on their cellphone. Hell, I almost get hit WALKING by other people walking and talking on their cellphone. Nobody pays attention when they are on those stupid things. (For the record I NEVER talk on my phone when driving...not even to check voicemail or anything...or paint my nails, or read the paper, or change shoes, etc.)

One last thing...I have driven in New York, Oregon, Washington, and I drove across the country when I was 16, but I have NEVER encountered worse drivers than Southern California. I'll just leave it at that so I don't get flamed too bad.

Lets face it...we are all here because we share a passion for cars and a passion for driving, so anyone else on the road who obviously doesn't share that passion, and doesn't respect other motorists vehicles or lives is just going to pi*s us off and we are going to label them as a bad driver.

Sorry for such a long post...thanks for reading.

-Jess

**Rant over**

3. Mike J

Mike J Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Ship Bottom, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Jess,

You're 100% correct and I didn't mean to offend you. Women driving large SUVs while talking about the latest sale at Nordstrom's on their cell phone is a personal pet peeve of mine.

Regards,
    Mike

4. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Jessica. You should drive in South Texas or somewhere like South Korea. They are worse there. JJ

5. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
    One of the world's worst drivers, are in Hungary :D

The old weekend-shoppers, with their Dacia logan, or Suzuki Swift, they dont see nothing, dont cares about the signposts ...

The guys with their BMW's (you need to go to the wall, because nobody "can" overtake these guys)

My favourite hungarian drivers :D
    http://kepfeltoltesbcs.extra.hu/files/000275171173736820.jpg
    http://kepfeltoltesbcs.extra.hu/files/181173736870.jpg
    http://kepfeltoltesbcs.extra.hu/files/n_11090598791173737025.jpg
    http://kepfeltoltesbcs.extra.hu/files/n_11541023181173737132.jpg
    http://kepfeltoltesbcs.extra.hu/files/051212_frankhegycitroen_061173737268.jpg
    http://kepfeltoltesbcs.extra.hu/files/060208_batsanyifiat_011173737330.jpg

6. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Ever think that they maybe just want your number? :) just kidding

7. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    ... putting on their makeup.

8. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    while texting on their black berry and smoking a cigarette.

9. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    My toplist is between drivers of Honda Accords and Trailblazers because they are dumbest people driving on the roads for some reason or another.

Second would have to be morons that drive with cell phones.

Last but not least those who drive trucks and think they own the road. Those are the biggest idiots on the roads.

10. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have a policy whenever I ride my MC: Assume stupidity of everyone around you and they won't disappoint. I have had people try to change lanes into me on more than one occasion. How did they not hear an uncorked Harley, you ask? Cellphones. Yelling at their kids. Stereo too damn loud. On and on. I hate people. :D

11. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I'd say women in SUV's would be near the top here. Although they have not caused the most *almost* accidents that I've seen.

I've nearly been hit by a male Asian in a Mercedes sedan, my first car was totaled by a young Hispanic Male in a Tundra, I've had a civic driven by a blonde female nearly T-bone me, and a white male in a Jeep pull out in front of me, then come to a full stop right after he did.

In the first case, I revved loud and dodged, the noise got his attention, and our combined moves avoided it. Second case - no where to go for me, just go ploughed. Third case, evasive action avoided, fourth case, opposite lane of traffic was clear(thank fully).

Just the incidents I can think of. My '86 944 was hit in a parking lot by a woman driving her husband's blue Subaru. - but I wasn't there to know how that happened. The white jeep had me ticked off for a long time, I'd never been soo mad in driving before, nor has anyone managed to tick me off as much afterwards either. I was driving a BRIGHT yellow car, there was no "I didn't see him" excuse, I also had my headlights on to.

12. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    Not trying to add to the Asians stereotype but the other day I saw a youngish asian lady in a 3 series while reading some notes for work, could have been a paper. At first a rolled my eyes at this act, then realised she had a baby in the back seat. At this point I was angry.

13. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    I think asian and black women must be the best drivers because apparently they are exempt from all traffic laws.

14. StallionRx

StallionRx Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    South CT
    Full Name:
    Mark
    - Boston

The Worst. Ever.