WORLD'S WORST DAILY DRIVERS? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

WORLD'S WORST DAILY DRIVERS?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Hutch360, Mar 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    that was meant as a joke.
    look at all the post above it.
    I just combined them.

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    SUV & Mini van drivers using cell phones.

Another type of drivers I keep an eye out to avoid are any Dodge Intrepids, Chrysler Concordes, & Mitsubishi Diamantes. I don’t what it is about people that drive them but they have to be the worst on the road.

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Best place to encounter the worst drivers??? In the Costco parking lot!

4. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Yeah that's how I read it. You left some parts out though ;).

Old Asian women in BMW SUVs wearing hats while talking on their cell phones.

5. jra85

jra85 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    How about drivers wearing HOODED SWEATSHIRTS (hood up of course) in a fully enclosed car!

6. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    Anything French!

7. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
    My friend is Asian. To be more specific, as you'd prefer, he's South Korean. He's easily my best friend and I've known him for 15+ years. He drives terribly.

I once asked him half-jokingly why Asians are bad drivers, and not only as a stereotype, but as a reality to anyone who has driven often in Asian neighborhoods.

He told me it is because he and most other Asians lack the same level of peripheral vision that most others have. Yes, he said it.

This combined with other factors have rendered Asian drivers as among the worst.

If you don't believe me, take your Ferrari to San Gabriel or Alhambra or somewhere similar. Unless you want a wrecked car afterwards, you wouldn't dare.

8. red355

red355 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Pa
    One of my best friends is Korean. He isn't really a horrible daily driver, but when we go karting he gets wrecked real bad. I would think they would have good peripheral vision, seems like they see in 16:9 aspect ratio all the time.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Good God, you're not kidding.

*Waits for Mid-April, when Snowbirds migrate North*

10. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hungarian BMW drivers with the philosophy of "im the best" ... :)

11. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I do that ha ha

12. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Freak! ;)

13. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I would like to add two graphic examples of the comments on this thread reply. The first was a 21 year old woman who was dialing her boyfriend on her cell phone and, while thus distracted, ran under a semi and was decapitated. Unfortunately, the boyfriend answered and heard the whole thing happen. Second and, about a month later, another young woman was talking on her cell and ran into the back of a stopped semi and died.

14. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #39 Schatten, Mar 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The correct answer is: Jetta drivers.

Click and Clack did a survey some time ago regarding which are the worst "holier than thou" type of drivers. From 1st to 2nd was a wide margin, and it was decided that it was Jetta drivers. The reason they came up with is this: it is a German car, but it isn't a BMW, and thus, the drivers have something to prove.

Search for more conclusions, or you can check it out here: http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/jettadrivers/index.html

Most of all, think about it next time you see a Jetta driver.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Hutch360

Hutch360 Karting

Jan 29, 2006
    Shell Beach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Steven Hutcherson
    American drivers are at the top. I just returned from a trip to the bay area. For the most part 101 has two lanes of travel. The right lane is generally for the slower cars, trucks, etc. The truck drivers are always driving above the speed limit so they are clogging the left lane as they pass the slower vehicles in the right lane (I've yet to see an asian truck driver, by the way). So when you get out of the truck traffic there are those continual autos that are driving just at the speed limit, but sit in the left lane. In the right lane spaced, but not far enough apart are cars going at the same speed, or slower. For some damn reason the left lane is not left for us drivers or for those others that want to get around that Plumbing or that UPS or that farm vehicle or that... And it's not just one vehicle in the left lane there are three or more sitting right behind each other going along at the same speed or a couple of miles faster than that milk truck in the rt. lane. I'm sitting fourth in the left lane. Just as I get by the FedEX truck in the right lane (some 4-5 minutes later) the auto in front of me finally checks (her) the rear view mirror and being a responsible driver that (she) they are get over in front of the truck in the rt. lane, thereby boxing me in from going around on the right side. Then like a row of dominoes each auto in front of me gets over (very slowly) to let me by. But by the time I'm at the front, this car caravan as reached the next group of Sunday drivers and express trucks so here we go again.

16. Mike J

Mike J Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Ship Bottom, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Any woman with an SUV and a cellphone........

17. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Henry I have had hundreds of Asian friends and I even owened real Estate in ALHAMBRA The real reason why Chinese people drive like crap is that most of them are from Hong Kong. In Hong Kong first of all no one drives. and if they do its on the opposite side of the road. In fact the reason for them driving really slow is because most of them started driving when they were in there 30s. They did not develope the skills untill an older age. Look at Vietnamese drivers. They have very agressive skills as well as japanese. Its not a race thing its the fact that in most Asian cultures they simply dont drive. This will change over the next 10 ;years as China purchases more than 500 million cars. Im not trying to be a jerk here its just you cant come in with " I have one asian friend and he said" that doesnt mean you know the answer. Ill still be your friend however. Come hang in my hood I will show you my crib. JJ

18. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    I want you to know also that I agree with everything you say here accept the blanket statement about Asian drivers. You must be specific. And that Peripheral vision statement had to be one of the most racist statements I have heard in awhile. It is so full of ignorance that I would give your Korean friend 1000 dollars to say that to any asian person with any inteligence. He would be beat down so fast it would cause him to have Peripheral vision problems.

19. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    A lot of the drivers in the US, a lot of them dont concentrate on the task of driving enought, either eating, reading the paper, texting, or just lopping about in the far left lanes. When someone is in my way on the left lane..I do an what they do in germany/europe come up at a greater speed then their going and flashing my high beams like mad until they get out of my way. It sure wakes them up.

20. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    This is also a good point. It does cost thousands of dollars to even get a drivers license in Germany plus alot of training. JJ

21. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
    So true! The Jetta driver that I know changes lanes when the other car is still half-way next to it! Not to mention the constant speeding.

22. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
    My friend who said that is not stupid: he will be graduating this year with a Pharm degree.

Just because you don't agree with a comment doesn't make it racist. Lose that politically correct bs. :)

23. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Dude you just said that your friend stated that Asian drivers suck because they lack Peripheral Vision. That is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. JJ

24. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    OK there are exceptions to that statement. But honestly, half my neighborhood is Asian and some drive terribly.

25. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    you don't lie.