World's Fastest Road Car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

World's Fastest Road Car

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Mr. V, Dec 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I would never consider the SSC the American equivalent of the Zonda. I'd say the S7 was before the SSC.

2. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Your right but if you really think about it companys like Koenigsegg and Pagani is basicly like Mosler and SSC the only diffrence here is those guys are over euro and these are built here in america.

May not be quite as sexy as the Zonda but they still share the same concept as companys.

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  4. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Mosler is U.K. company.

5. mls

mls Karting

May 1, 2005
    Mosler are American. Are you confusing them with Breckland Technology Limited, who assemble them?

6. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Must be. The only Moslers I've seen built in the UK are ones being built for the FIA.

7. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    You guys are right. For some reason i saw that they were being campaigned in the BTCS, and assumed that they were british. Good catch ;)

8. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Get em!

the only Moslers Iv'e seen in the UK are the ones used for FIA

And if I recall Tiff Needle even said him self "American Supercar" when he raced that bike and beat it at the track.

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Why? I can piece together the worlds fastest car {in a straight line} for that money and have a very nice interior.

10. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Well then can you give some tips to SSC? Because they pieced together the world's fastest car and have a derelict, horrible interior.

11. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    No need to get snippy.

They spent a ton of cash trying to make that thing when in the end it's pieced together with odds and ends. I could have saved them a ton of cash and the car could have been sold at a lower price. I know many people who've built their own bodies and pieced together car engines, transmission etc and had wonderful machines and for A LOT less than $550,000 plus tax.

12. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    I would take this over a Veyron ANY day

13. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    They don't have horrible interior thats probably the most comfrable interior for someone my size for a car like this, I could go on long trips in the SSC if givin the chance this car is actually pretty amzing, I got to sit inside of one and heck I can't complain! its awsome.

same here.

14. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I can't understand this argument. Because it goes 2mph faster than the Veyron?

It looks like a kit car (which, for all intents and purposes, it is), its handling and braking are no match for the Veyron, its interior is obviously pathetic in comparison to the Veyron's, and it won't turn heads like a Veyron because no one has ever heard of it.

Obviously, if I was paying for it, I'd take the SSC as well - but if given a (hypothetical) choice, the Veyron is simply the all-rounder, while the SSC is a kit car dragster.

15. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    It looks better, I cannot comment on its handling, the Veyron stumps it in interior, and it will turn my head. One thing I must say, is that they have an official two way record at a faster speed than the Veyron, and also, that its not yet the true top speed of the car - which we won't know yet. They just wanted it to be on top with a real speed, whether they will hit more, who can tell. I don't think they are done. The handling of the car can't be all bad, I think in some situations it would out corner a Veyron, but they are two fairly different platforms, so that would be expected.

16. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    This is joke right?

17. DrummingCannoli

DrummingCannoli Karting

Dec 14, 2006
    Katonah, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Both cars have different intentions aside from getting the fastest speed. The Veyron was meant to be the "grandest grand-tourer" (I mean it has a $35K sound-system for god's sake), whereas I can safely assume the SSC was meant to be a supercar for the track or whatever. I still would take the Veyron anyway.

Besides, having sat in one, I can easily say it is a nicer environment to look at (and most likely sit in) than the SSC.

18. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I would! The SSC rocks!

19. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Explain yourself.

As per my post three posts up the thread:

I can't understand this argument. Because it goes 2mph faster than the Veyron?

It looks like a kit car (which, for all intents and purposes, it is), its handling and braking are no match for the Veyron, its interior is obviously pathetic in comparison to the Veyron's, and it won't turn heads like a Veyron because no one has ever heard of it.

Obviously, if I was paying for it, I'd take the SSC as well - but if given a (hypothetical) choice, the Veyron is simply the all-rounder, while the SSC is a kit car dragster.

Can you give me a logical reason to take the SSC over the Veyron, aside from its price?

20. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

Well I have had personal experiance with the SSC a few weekends ago and prior to that i did have a poor opinion on this car until I got the chance to actually see one driving on the road then getting an even greater chance to peer inside of one and its really not that bad I like the interior of the car because its very comfortable compared with other cars I peered inside of, I could probably drive this car for long journeys if I ever owned one and I have a large body frame and iam impressed. It looks like s**t in the photos but in person its not all that bad.

The qualitly of the car isn't bad either its like that of a chip foose hotrod very complete. It sounds great and let me tell you something you can't go wrong with a 1000HP racing engine for go. I could definately see myself having more fun driving this around town than I would with a Veyron. Not many people know what an SSC Aero even is let alone its the worlds fastest roadcar and hardly anyone knows about it like they do the Veyron.

Not to bash the Veyron but the veyron does absolutely nothing for me at all I never fancied that car at all from day one and personally id still rather have a 10 year old Mclaren F1 than a Veyron.

21. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    People love the underdog and hate the champ.

It's the only explanation I can come up with for why people are so cynical about the Veyron, yet so willing to accept the McLaren F1 and these joke limited-production cars like the SSC Ultimate Aero TT and the Sledgehammer Corvette that's always brought up when discussing the Veyron.

22. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    As I've said before, I think what most folks forget when talking about the SSC & the Veyron is what you're getting for the price. Sure, save yourself $500,000 and get the Aero. But folks need to realize that extra dough is buying you just more than a 250Mph+ Bugatti. You're buying a technical feat., a car with the luxury of a Maybach or Rolls-Royce. You're also getting a car that'll most likely last longer than the SSC and is capable of being daily driven more than the SSC.

I'm not saying the SSC is bad, but all that money you think you're saving is just buying the World's Fastest Production car and nothing more. That $1.4 million though gets you a lot of other nice little comforts though. It all comes down to whether or not you're willing to spend more money for the better product, imo.

23. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I agree its like when someone is always talking about a Lamborghini you know Corvette Z06 or Turbo Civic isn't to far away from the arguement.:D

But the Veyron ain't no champ here iam sorry regardless of what anyone says the champ is still the all mightly Mclaren F1!. Until I see another car do what the Mclaren F1 did thats still the baddest car of all everything is just faster in topspeed.

24. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    What do you mean 'do what the McLaren F1 did'?

Current exotics are better all-rounders, even if the F1 was the fastest. Both the Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari Enzo are notably quicker in the quarter mile and the 0-100 sprint that the F1, and they were also considerably cheaper. And if you mean 'do what the McLaren F1 did' in terms of being the fastest car ever, the Veyron is right there, as are various other cars.

25. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    #50 Pantera, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Iam talking about what the mclaren F1 did in its run, the damn thing won lemans its first race and was really good for awhile in racing, became the worlds fastest car in the 90's at 242mph which was pretty damn fast in those days especially for a three seater car!. The Enzo the Carrera GT, LP640,ccx are indeed faster in some specs and the veyron&ssc might have beatin it topend but the Mclaren F1 is a legend in a league of its own.

There isn't another car like it in the world and the probably never will be.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login