World Of Warcraft | FerrariChat

World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Nov 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which side on WOW?

1. Alliance

2. Horde

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Do we have any WOW/ex-WOW players here? With 12mill subs there must be a few of you here.

I started playing from week1 retail. I didn't have a choice with sides all my mates went Horde so I picked Horde for my 1st character to 60. I ended up playing a Troll Mage as my main. I tried other classes but the Mage is my fav :eek:

After having a break from WOW when I hit 60, I got back into it when BC came out and levelled to 70. Then stopped sometime in '07 and haven't been back.

Lack of friends that still play and lack of time means I haven't bothered with Wrath of the Lich King but Cataclysm looks tempting to go back :eek:

Anyway just interested to see how many of you were Alliance or Horde (1st roll or main toon) :eek:

FOR THE HORDE!! :D

2. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I played WoW right when it came out, but quit soon after BWL was launched. FOR TEH HORDE!!!

3. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #3 SPEEDCORE, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
    2 silent alliance members :p haha.

I received an email today from blizz for a free 7day pass to celebrate 5years!!

:eek:

If I didn't have to reinstall a zillion gig then d/l a 1.4gb patch....

Also http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wowanniversary/video/

4. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I played alliance for no more than 2 weeks, got bored after lvl 15. :)

5. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I started playing at about month 3. My buddy started at release and had Alliance so I did that. A couple years ago, another good friend started a Horde character, so I started a Horde toon and have used that as my primary ever since. I usually play for a few months and take a few months off...so my wife won't kill me.

I also got that 7 free days and already updated. I haven't activated it yet, though. I play Horde on Daggerspine and Alliance on Garona.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    my roommate has dedicated his life to WoW. he literally spends more time playing than he does at work :(

alas, I have no idea whether he is in the Alliance or Horde (or even what they mean). generally I tune it out.

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Never played it nor have I cared to.

8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Thanks for the update...

:confused:

9. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    played alliance for the most part since day 1 .........have a few horde floating around ..last count 6 80 ......just play every now and then ....

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A friend of mine has played for almost 6500 hours now. That's almost a full on YEAR of playing!

We're normally on skype a lot and he plays as soon as he comes home from work. He still lives with his parents. He actually CALLS (yes on the cell phone!) his mom to bring him anything he wants upstairs. From dinner, to a snack, to a drink, ANYTHING. Since he discovered WoW he hasn't been out for a single night. He's 22-23 atm and I have reason to believe he's still a virgin, lol.

I've downloaded the game once with a free trial and I got bored after level 7, or something.

My best friend used to play it a lot but hasn't touched it in 3-4 months and actually goes out now.

This game is like legal crack. I really don't care if one plays it or not, but some dedicate their whole life to it which I think is idiotic.

11. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Never have played WOW.

Oblivion IV and Fallout 3 showed me how addictive some games can be.

I'm currently clean.

12. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    fallout 3 is so fun ............hmm now i feel like a nuke cola

13. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Blizz sent a 7day free pass the other day I might reinstall it soon just for fun :eek:

FOR THE HORDE :D

14. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The Looking For Dungeon tool removes 90% of the aggravation of playing. Click on the LFD button and you get put into a huge multi-server queue for 5 mans...it automatically creates the group (1 tank, 1 healer, 3 DPS) and ports you to whatever dungeon.

Hit and Run gaming at its finest.

15. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sounds good to me.

I burned out hard on Assassin's Creed 2 last evening and still have all my Fallout savegames.

16. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Anyone up for joining an F-Chat raid guild?

:)

17. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I don't think we have enough players to form a guild. :eek:

I'm tempted to re-install WOW just to see how it plays on the new system!

18. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
  19. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I played if for a couple months then got bored with it. Not really my thing.

20. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    WoW has support for quads now...it runs very well on mine...smooth as butter.

21. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    my brother finally talked me into it last month but my account keeps getting hacked so I've only played a few hours its fun when played with friends/family

22. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    What do you mean your account keeps getting hacked? Maybe you should check your PC for trojans! Some of those addons have trojans.

Unless you are sharing your bro's account and he is taking your stuff... haha.

23. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I just got the email from Blizzard saying my account was closed for gold selling/buying. They investigated after I disputed it and they determined it was hacked. I haven't played my account for months, and I'm not sure I'll play again.

24. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #24 Shaide, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    OMG! How did I miss this thread until now? My screen name here was chosen in honor of my Warcraft character. I haven't played WoW in a while now, but when I played, I was fairly hard core. I'll put it this way: I had a double-glaived rogue about 10 months before WotLK came out. That pretty much did it for me. I burned out raiding Black Temple to get the glaives. Lucky for me, I was the only raiding rogue in the guild, so if/when they dropped (with both eventually did, about 4 months apart), they defaulted to me. Once the expansion was released, I leveled up to 80, then just kinda stopped. Burnout combined with guild drama killed the desire to play. Toon pics when I get back home. lol

Shaide
    lvl 80 Undead Rogue
    Draka

Armory here: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draka&cn=Shaide
    Note: the glaives are just fashion accessories, they aren't actually used anymore, except for running around town.

25. Shaide

Shaide Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2008
    Las Colinas, DFW TX
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #25 Shaide, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017