Work Party at Rolands! | FerrariChat

Work Party at Rolands!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Mike328, Aug 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 Mike328, Aug 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This Sunday we had an awesome impromptu "work party" of sorts at Roland's, what a blast! We had six or so Ferraris on the premise. Ahh, just another day in the ol' Rocky Mountain region!

Was a great gang--Me, Roland, Helene (Mrs. Linder), Aaron White, John 550, Harald from G2USA (Brake caliper paint kit manufacturer), Anthony, Carrie (sp?) and father, and a number of other folks (don't think we met formally since I had my head in my brake rotors! :) ).

First task on the agenda was to swap out my brake lines for some stainless steel ones I just bought from Demon Tweeks, definitely a nice upgrade in terms of pedal feel.

Then the highlight: Helene was gracious enough to paint my brake calipers... They look stunning, she has such an artist's eye for detail and skill with the brush. It takes three coats on each caliper, all meticulously hand-brushed over the course of several hours. Thanks so much, Helene!

I'll be posting more on the brake caliper paint shortly. For now, suffice it to say that the results are awesome, the paint is a perfect match. The product is from G2 Manufacturing, at http://www.g2usa.com/. I'll have more pictures with how they look with the wheel on here in the mornig (once I pop in my new center caps :) ).

We also bled and flushed the ol' brakes and the car's stopping' like a champ (with hot shot calipers, to boot, I thank you!). I did get a bit dirty swapping out the brake lines and then cleaning the wheels--Roland insisted that I clean the INSIDES of them, too! He was almost gonna make me wax 'em but I didn't have the energy... They sure look great though :).

Aaron's awesome new 360 even got the special Mother's sealant treatment--the shine on his car after the treatment is amazing! I gotta get in line for that... :)

Thanks to all for a fantastic time. Dirty work was never so much fun... And a good think I have thick skin from growing up with older brothers! These guys never let me hear the end of my "bill"--it seemed everything was being itemized... every wrenched used... the water to spray the wheels... every pump of the brake pedal when Harald and Roland bled the brakes (sigh). Hope I never see that bill :).

Lots of cameras going around, I was too busy workin' to take too many shots, but here are a few to get things kickstarted...

See y'all soon!

--Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bob L. Head

Bob L. Head Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 26, 2005
    #2 Bob L. Head, Aug 1, 2005
  3. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    What a great team !! All started when I got my hands on the G2 paint kit for the LM's calipers.
    The final results were so nice, that I did ask Helene to do the TR . With the new Ronal wheels, I could see the calipers now !!!
    That was so nice, that Alan's 355 and 360 were next in line. Than Mike's 328 and now John's 550 and Aaron's new 360.
    I should open a buisiness !! Plenty paint party coming soon !!
    If you don't like the calipers colors, this is the way to go. It's easy, takes some time but the color change is just perfect. (red/yellow/silver/black)
    I had the LM on the track since the paint job, and no damage at all.

The product comes form the Springs, right in our back yard (719/448-0613 and Harald the owner came to help !! That's what I call being part of what you sell.
    Roland
    F40LM

4. Sheldon

Sheldon Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Sheldon
    Looks like a great time. Awesome pics too.

5. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm

I ran out of Z tape on my adding machine, but I will get to OfficeMax and get more.

We will get that bill right out too you.. dont worry..

:)

hahahaa

6. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I'm just done cleaning the shop, we should make that bill even higher !
    This must be the only place where you a Jacuzzi and diner on top.
    What's the saying ? Mike , your ass is mine !!
    Thanks for the fun time, we had a crew here.
    Roland
    F40LM

7. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Ohh Lordy...

The jacuzzi and Dinner, I wasnt aware of that.. Just have him forward the bank account numbers, and we will just take it all :)

-A

8. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Will do, why not ask him to sign his tittle over !
    Roland
    F40LM

9. G2Racer

G2Racer Rookie

Aug 2, 2005
    Denver, CO / USA
    Full Name:
    Harald Galinski
    Ok - I'm new here on this great chat, so I may not be as swift as some of you in typing down the fast lane - not yet!

This is just a very brief note to thank all of you for the awesome, fun day at the Linder Ranch, last Sunday. Roland and Helene are the most gracious hosts with some wonderful friends! Mike (328), it appears, was cramming an entire month of 'on-the-job' training into one day, under Rolands strick and constant guidance - very fun to watch. It was also great to meet Aaron; congratulations to your sweet new 360, all "Mothered" to top shine, thanks to Roland :) and I hope my 'track buddy' John had a cool trip home in the 550!?

Most of all, I'd like to say that Helene gave it all the final touch or should I say shine, by finishing Mike's calipers with the high-gloss Red caliper paint job of the century - to awesome!

Roland, it was fun and I can't wait to have more CarStyling parties at your wonderful place - thank you, all of you!

10. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm

Herald,

It was a pleasure to meet you, and I was very impressed troo see the support behind a product. Not everyday you get the "MAN" to come and show how tings are done, and even get his own hands dirty doing it.

Helen did do a GREAT and AMazing job, but nlets not foget that you layed a few strokes of paint as well. :)

-A

11. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    It's rare to see the owner " working" with the clients. Having harald with us gave us more desire to get all the cars done. So far, we have my TR, the LM, Alan's 355 spider and 360, Mike's 328 done. Next is Aaron's gorgeous 360 and John's yellow 550. It takes time but the end result witn the G2 calipers paint is just fantastic.
    I guess that harald got some pictures from these car done and will post them for all of us to see how good looking our calipers are.
    BTW, the paint matching the F.colors, it's a good way to do some retouch here and there because the paint gets so hard. I did it on the TR and LM and the 328, works real well and match!!!
    Good opportunity to wash the inside of your rims!!!
    Roland
    F40LM

12. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    And don't forget to wax the inside of the rims too! HaHa

13. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    that is correctt...

14. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    #14 Roland E Linder, Aug 2, 2005
  15. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    #15 Roland E Linder, Aug 2, 2005
  16. G2Racer

G2Racer Rookie

Aug 2, 2005
    Denver, CO / USA
    Full Name:
    Harald Galinski
    Wow - we have painted countless of calipers on project cars over the years; for car shows like SEMA, LA Auto Show, etc. even for some manufacturers and I must say, Helene and Roland are the caliper paint SUPER TEAM - I am impressed! The Yellow does look stunning and especially on that car - what a difference the little things can make!

Thank you for sharing the fun with everyone :)

17. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Just amazing... amazing...

I cant wait :)

I want to see alans car with the rims back on :)

18. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Since you ask so nicely, I just got the (cleaned) wheels on and it looks very very nice. I'll take a pic in the morning and post it. It's much nicer in yellow on the blue 360. Alan will be happy (he better) at his return from Paris. Both his cars are done, now it's your turn
    See you tomorrow at Dave's
    Roland
    F40LM

19. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt

Roland, I've used there stuff before on a 328 and 308 and loved the result. I have a 348 with dark grey calipers and raised Ferrari letters in bare silver. On the 3rd pic down, the 355. Did you guys just paint red around the raised ferrari lettering? Leaving that part untouched?

Thanks

20. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I can't take the credit for that super clean job ! My wife Helene is doing the detail work and without any masking tape.
    Roland
    F40LM