Wooo Hooo! Spruce Pine votes to allow alcohol sales! | FerrariChat

Wooo Hooo! Spruce Pine votes to allow alcohol sales!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by David_S, Mar 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Voters in Spruce Pine said yes on Tuesday to alcohol sales in the town. Around 52% of eligible voters cast ballots. Voters said yes:

To permit the "on-premise" sale of malt beverages by Class A hotels, motels, and restaurants only; and to permit "off-premises" sales by other permittees:
    For- 459
    Against- 365

To permit the "on-premises" and "off-premises" sale of unfortified wine:
    For- 457
    Against- 369

To permit operation of ABC stores:
    For- 456
    Against- 369

To permit the sale of mixed beverages in hotels, restaurants, private clubs, community theatres, and convention centers:
    For- 459
    Against- 362

Sure hope Burnsville follows suit sometime soon - would love to open a truly great restaurant here...

And based on the contents of recycling bins each time I go to the dump? There hasn't been a shortage of alcohol consumption in the meantime!

2. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    David,
    That is news...Mitchell County is a far way back up in ''the hills''...we used to come to Beams some and ''brown bag''...[can't recall if they had a corkage fee]...wonder if there are folks on this list who don't know what brown bagging means?
    Where did y'all have to go to get a 6-pack? Newland? Little Switzerland?...it's in MacDowell rite?
    Looking forward to my annual romp up Mt Mitchell soon...be the highest 360 east of Denver at least for a day.
    cheers,
    RE

3. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I can hit the Grassy Creek golf course package store for a fair selection of beer or a fine vintage box of Franzia Cab. Otherwise, I pop by the Skyline in Little Switzerland for a reasonable selection of wines. Hards stuff? Have to run to Marion or down towards Asheville.