Woodward Dream Cruise | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Woodward Dream Cruise

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Jerrari, Aug 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I went there last night in my dad's black 348 spider (my TR is in the shop) and we had a lot of fun. Went to Duggan's Irish Pub for a few beers afterwards.

2. revs2 9

revs2 9 Rookie

Oct 4, 2004
    michigan
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I was there saturday and saw a grey f430 spider, silver 360, red TR, some older f cars i am not really sure what they where, lime green murci, and an orange galardo very nice to see them being driven made my day

3. micah

micah Karting

Aug 12, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Micah Weber

hey those were my friends... the f430 and the lambos , i have some amazing pictures i will post this week....AMAZING pics.

4. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    hi micah, it was nice meeting you. the spirited drive saturday night was pretty fun. i hadn't driven like that since the players run.l

5. micah

micah Karting

Aug 12, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Micah Weber

yea you too, wait till you see the pics i have, the one of your car at audrey's , turned out great, once i post a thread, i will let you know..

we had another cruise during the day sunday which was fun as well, roger took out the 850 Ci TT..

i have to go through about 330 pics...but i know marks took like 800 lol...

6. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'll look forward to seeing pictures! :)

7. dastig

dastig Rookie

Apr 16, 2005
    I too am a member of teckeast forum.

8. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    The only exotics I saw were a titanium Diablo Roadster and a dark blue 355 Spider. I wasn't out there for too long, maybe 2 hours or so. Couldn't take what it was doing to my clutch. :(

9. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Great pictures. I saw the group of cars you were a part of on Saturday. Those were the only exotics I saw for the most part. The Orange Gallardo looked great and the F430 Spider looked awesome too.

10. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Sweet pix, and great time.

11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Micah.........I've been in the "car biz" for a long time . I've got to tell you , your photos from the dream cruise are outstanding . We are always looking for new creative ways to photograph our models , and your shots are so creative and artistic. Keep up the good work !!

12. micah

micah Karting

Aug 12, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Micah Weber

Thanks a lot i appreciate it. What exactly do you do and what models do you speak of? just curious

13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john

I design cars. The models are full size clay ,which we use in the design process.We also make hard foam full size models , which from 10' away look like the real thing. The ad agencies invole us at times for selection of the best views and angles of the vehicles for the ads,brochures etc.

14. micah

micah Karting

Aug 12, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Micah Weber
    ah ok, i have seen some people working on such models before, you guys work with some amazing machines as well, those tools used to carve out angles and such... ad agencies eh? hire me ;)

15. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    If you have an education and a portfolio , there are always good jobs to be had. Have you been or are you going to college/art school/photography school ?

16. micah

micah Karting

Aug 12, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Micah Weber

the crazy thing is that im excellent with photography and digital editing, but have a bachelor's degree in business, didnt think there was money in graphic design/photo when i was a senior in hs, i wish i would have went to school for advertising, or something like that

17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john

It doesn't matter what your degree is in if you have a great portfolio. I guess all i'm saying is , if you are really serious about turning what looks like a real talent/gift into a living , there are ways of doing it . The key is in your passion and dedication to make it happen . How badly do you want it ? Thats the question.

18. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Micah,

You definitely have what it takes to succeed in that field. And with your business degree, you have a well-rounded education (business gives you a taste of everything you would need to succeed). Based on the photos I have seen, you have some serious talent, and people will pay good money for that talent. On an entreprenuerial note, you could produce a really cool coffee-table style book that follows an automotive theme combined with your artistic style (like the water droplets, night shots with stars, etc.)

19. micah

micah Karting

Aug 12, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Micah Weber
    i think my first small step might be a 2006 calendar from this past weekend

20. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Very cool idea. Maybe you could attract some sponsors to add to the calender, that will help you fund the production costs.

21. micah

micah Karting

Aug 12, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Micah Weber
    great idea.