Woodward dream cruise | FerrariChat

Woodward dream cruise

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by italianjoe, Jul 31, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italianjoe

italianjoe Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    If anyone is interested in going to the Woodward dream cruise I have an extra parking spot off Woodward near 11 mile pm me if interested.

2. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    just so you guys know I am not looking to sell this spot just looking to fill it, I have already paid for this spot and don't want it to go to waste, I will be there along with people from work,

3. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Joe, You are too nice!

neal

4. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Let's make this the unofficial Woodward 2013 thread, shall we?

Here's the place to come Saturday night, Murray's Hot Rod Bash.
    Murray Pfaff, owner of hotrod visualization service Pfaff Designs and styling judge at the Optima shootout shows, is hosting his annual Woodward party. These are a pretty big deal: Band, food, blowing up a car (Last year's victim: Demise of D Metro, Murray's Hot Rod Bash 2012 - YouTube ), projecting a movie on the side of the garage... And one of the coolest collections of cars and car people you'll see crammed on the both sides of a residential street ever! (Actually, the car people are mostly in the large back yard.) There is an admission donation to a local animal shelter, beverages & food are included, also a raffle with a lot of cool prizes this year. A shirt (or cup if they make a comeback) from Murray's party is a conversation starter for years to come!

Here's the facebook page (I suspect you can get everything you'd need from the fb page, even if you're not a facebook user): http://www.facebook.com/events/349221691875170/

Come out & experience it, and Murray always encourages you to bring 10 friends!

5. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    you're on. Who knows if Isaac will be out there taking pics?

6. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I'll be there from thursday night to sunday afternoon . I'll also be at the LXforums BBQ at the Chrysler museum friday night .

7. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Cheers gents! Just moved to the Detroit area and will be attending the Dream cruise for the first time! Usually never make it out because it conflicts with Pebble Beach but I figured Id finally attend since im now living here. Hope to see some fchatters out and about! Been seeing some phenomenal cars already. My buddy saw a 288 GTO on tuesday night

8. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Is there more than one in the area?

9. Brian420

Brian420 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2009
    Suburb of Detroit
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Is the bash open other than paying the entry fee? I'm not on facebook, but I might be interested in going.

Brian

10. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    if anyone sees a nice 69-72 vette for sale, please grab the info for me..... looking for original type car.

11. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    awesome! Was it real? Like James, I'm only aware of one here.

I was out Tuesday and Wednesday night. Planning on heading out soon.

Last night, I saw a white MP12 4C, Italia, several Gallardo's etc.

Welcome to Michigan Stephan!

12. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #12 jm2, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    That rusted crow rat rod is the absolute best put together custom I've seen in a looong time. That top is little copper plates perfectly riveted together. The plug wires have been plumbed into copper tubing. Very cool.

14. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Yes, please come one, come all!

Don't forget the the invite is for you and 10 of your friends! I hope to see a bunch of Ferraris mixed in with all the other interesting machinery on the streets outside.

P.S.- If you get lost (not that it's hard to navigate to), you can google Pfaff Designs and the phone number is there. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I wanted to avoid spamming Murray's phone number all over the web.

15. muira89

muira89 Rookie

Sep 1, 2006
    northville, mi
    Full Name:
    brennan
    So it officially begins!

Somebody's red 308 was parked up for sale just north of 12 mile tonight.

16. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    A friend of mine told me he saw a red BMW M1 today!! I was bummed that I didn't see it while I was there.

I wish I could have made it out earlier in the week to see more of the exotics. Today (Saturday) was kind of disappointing. So many daily drivers in the mix.

Chris

17. The Outcast

The Outcast Formula 3

Apr 19, 2011
    Royal Oak Michigan
    Today was the very first time I ever just sat in one place during the day. I just loved every minute of it. My neck actually got sore and I had to kind of stop every 10 minutes to give it a break.

18. redwingfan2k1

redwingfan2k1 Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Louis N.
    On Friday night there was a silver Bugatti Veyron going north around 15 mile. A friend of mine told me that it was a fake though. I only got a quick look at it and couldn't tell. Anybody know anything about it?

19. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    No kidding. I went out twice today and barely made it a mile without wanting to cut my leg off due to the heavy clutching. This year was definitely the year of the open door minivan and bystanders yelling Magnum PI at me :( (I have a TR). Saw one other Ferrari (Grigio 575 Marenello I think). Very nice but I was just about done after that.

What ever happened to the two passing lanes we've seen in the past? Absolutely crazy this year and a little disappointing but still great event for the region in general.

Apologies to Joe for not joining.

20. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    It was fake. Isaac got a good look at it though.

21. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    Hey Sam no problem I think I did see you pass by ....I was between 11 mile and 696, Our dealership owner stop in with his ford gt (gt-40)and took your spot..... maybe next year.

22. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    #23 italianjoe, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. redwingfan2k1

redwingfan2k1 Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Louis N.
    That's too bad. Thanks for the info!

24. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Not sure the engine, or chassis... SRT8 Wheels, front longitudinal engine. I'll load images on later tonight or tomorrow evening.

It was a very expensive replica... carbon body, full custom leather interior to look like a Veyron. It wouldn't surprise me if it is north of $100,000

West Virginia plates.