woodward cruz | Page 3 | FerrariChat

woodward cruz

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by modmaki, May 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    LOL!
    That's me! :D
    Ironically, I was right around the corner from where my buddy was parked. I just rolled down that side street until I found a spot and there was his Camaro!

Talk about a small world...........

See y'all Saturday!

Don't forget about Murray's Sat night. I'm sure you've seen the posts earlier in this thread by now! ;)

2. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I was out there for a couple of hours earlier tonight around 8-10PM. Mostly heading north on Woodward between 11 Mile - 13 & 1/2 mile, then pulled over at a small restaurant to hang out with a few friends. I didn't see any other exotics. I was surprised at how many people were out there, especially around the 13 Mile area. I didn't make it any further up, such as to B'ham, so I'm not sure how it was up there.

3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    It was really jumpin last night . Saw a yellow 430 spider near 15 & woodward . Tonight will be unbelievable .

4. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    i went from 696 up to auto europe then back. took me 2 hours.
    no exotics, but lots of mini vans and suv's to block my view.

5. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    See you this evening :)

The other night, nearly 2% of all the Gulf GT's built were on Woodward!

6. miboxer96

miboxer96 Karting

Jul 9, 2007
    SE Michigan
    Full Name:
    LTN
    Hey everyone....

I was on Woodward yesterday from 6:30-7:00 and there were a lot of nice classic cars. I was thinking of going to the Red Coat for dinner, but I should have known better. That was my first time I have ever been in the Woodward area so close to the "Official Cruise Date"...Crazy stuff. I was driving my Ocean Blue Porsche Carrera. Eventually made it over to Sangria in RO for some dinner, and saw a Gallardo parked across the street, and a black 430 spider roll by around 8:00. Both very nice cars.

Anyways...it is cool to see a lot of nice cars out at once. It should be like this every week!

I will be in RO again tonight at a little party...is anyone getting together?

7. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    That was me. :) I had just picked my friend up after he left his car near the condos off 696 & Woodward. We passed right by Sangria & made a left on that street to cut over to Woodward. It was around 8PM I believe.

8. redwingfan2k1

redwingfan2k1 Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Louis N.
    #58 redwingfan2k1, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've got two interesting stories from today:

Around 4:00PM today I got a call from a friend saying that the Saleen factory was having an open house. So I left work for about an hour (yes, I actually left work to do car related stuff )to run down to Maple between Rochester and Stephenson. In the parking lot there were two Lotus Elises, an orange one and a gray one. I go into the factory and there's 3 Saleen S7s: one orange Twin Turbo, one yellow one (same one I saw at the Ford Dealership on Maple) and a silver one (same one I saw in Birmingham a few weeks ago.)

As I walked out, a BEAUTIFUL red Ferrari 550 Maranello pulls up and parks right next to my car! I talked to the owner for a little bit because I noticed he had Montana plates so I asked him if he drove it all the way here, but he said he had it trailered. He also said he has a Ford GT and an Acura NSX that he was thinking of bringing, but he figured they'd be too common. I agreed! I also asked him if he was a member here, but he said no.

Secondly, I parked down a side street that runs right between the Fred Lavery Porsche/Audi and Range Rover dealerships on Woodward. As I approaching the Land Rover dealership, I saw there was an Audi R10 in the back, along with an R8 road car. I also noticed a car next to the R10 and at first I thought it was just a Carrera, but then I actually looked at in and noticed it was a Carrera GT! So me and my friends are looking in the windows and there's people inside looking at the cars. Then a group of people with Fred Lavery passes around their necks. I guess this AWESOME lady overheard me talking to my friends about how I wanted to check out those cars. So she basically got us into the dealership as her "children"! In all, they had a Carrera GT, an Audi R10, an S5, and an R8. To the lady who got us in: that was too cool! You're awesome!

Here's a picture of the group from outside the window as I was walking back to my car:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Very cool story Louis!!

10. kahmed

kahmed Karting

Dec 15, 2005
    I spotted a Red 512 TR going south on Woodward around 9ish.

11. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Last night was incredible...

The cars in the evening kinda sucked... dono what happened.. the weather was perfect... but maybe it was just my limited view out the window of a friend's Ford GT :) We went cruising for a few hours, stopped in at the Autozone, went to see a band later.. met up with Camillo Pardo, and his cousin.. and another GT owner, had a few drinks, and called it a night :)

Cars spotted of interest:
    Red/white Ford GT
    Lamborghini Diablo Roadster - Silver/gray
    F430 coupe - red
    Back to the Future DeLorean
    Corvette C4 Grandsport Blue/white with red fender stripes
    Dave's GT White/Blue stripes, Exhaust/Pully
    Some wierd car that looked like a bastardized Stratos... weak
    replicar Countache.... not that good either
    Too many monster trucks blocking our view
    Too many mini vans in the cruising lanes
    too many civic's in the cruising lanes
    A fair amount of muscle :) :p

12. muira89

muira89 Rookie

Sep 1, 2006
    northville, mi
    Full Name:
    brennan
    Finally saw the Birmingham Enzo ! around 11AM or so at 14 mile. That made my day. Kudos to the owner if he reads!

13. nere

nere Rookie

May 19, 2006
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Just Nere
    I guess this can be the Dream Cruise Spotter's Thread, too! :)

I saw about 4 Testarossas
    a couple DeLoreans
    the same gray/silver replica Countach
    silver Diablo
    red 355
    red mondial
    red f430
    2 yellow gallardos
    silver 360
    white/blue ford gt (camilo's?)
    black/grey "
    red/white "
    black/white "
    silver shelby series 1
    this strange-looking silver concept-car thing
    noble (not sure what kind, we didn't stop)
    lingenfelter corvette
    dozens of Vipers

By the way, the yellow Saleen S7 broke down. We found it on a side-street near a Charter One branch, not far from Woodward. Smoke and everything coming from it. Quite sad.
    All in all, I had fun at the Dream Cruise! :)

14. redwingfan2k1

redwingfan2k1 Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Louis N.
    #64 redwingfan2k1, Aug 19, 2007
  15. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Saw it.... but didn't think much of it... something is wrong with me where I don't think of the Daytona as a typical ferrari design... Just thought "oh, some US convertible" :p

Met Tom and his Enzo at Leo's Coney after he got done cruising :)

The White/blue FGT could've been Pardo's.... his is mostly the same as Dave's.... except Dave has more tread depth on the rears... slightly.

There was a nice Mondial spyder at 15 mile at the hotel.... got a nice photo of that I'll have to post. Saw a Black 430 spyder, yellow 360 spyder, there was the 98 Diablo SV, a 99 Diablo VT roadster, Gallardo I can't remember the color ATM... and tons of other cool cars.... I didn't take that many photos as I just left the big lens on as I paraded down 15-12 mile on foot today... It's much more fun to cruise in the GT :p the Batmobile, Back to the future Delorean, other deloreans..... about 120-150 Plymouth Prowler's on the loose all cruising at once, in the inner two lanes.... HOLY HELL! TAlk about SERIOUS organization that those guys put out!!!! the most impressive showing of any one car that I've ever seen :)

16. Diablosv

Diablosv Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    Those Prowlers are always organized. Was the Diablo SV you saw yellow?

17. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    #67 Veedub00, Aug 19, 2007
  18. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Yes indeed :)

19. jeff3825

jeff3825 Karting

Feb 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I saw the Prowler's as well and it was mind boggeling how many they were. The Diablo was silver. At least the one I saw on Friday night.

20. nere

nere Rookie

May 19, 2006
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Just Nere
    The silver Diablo seems to be there every year. Last year it was there on the Friday of the cruise. This year it was there both Friday and Saturday, unless there are two of them...

I want to get a Prowler just so I can march in their mile-long parade!

21. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    the 300SL looks like a reproduction judging by the engine bay

22. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What's wrong with the engine bay? Can't see much from the shot, but it sure looks legit to me.

Mike

23. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #73 nsxnick, Aug 20, 2007
    you are right. it looked too "modern"... i was expecting a big ol' carb on the top.
    a google comparison shows that i don't know a damn thing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    #74 VK430gt, Sep 9, 2007
  25. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    hey vic,is that the motorwerks rented lot......i got invited to that......MO