WOLFGANG.....WHERE ARE YOU?? | FerrariChat

WOLFGANG.....WHERE ARE YOU??

Discussion in 'Europe' started by BWS550, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    WOLFIE

TRIED SENDING YOU 2 EMAILS AND IT COMES BACK

EMAIL ME BACK [email protected]

I HOPE ALL IS WELL, MISS YA BROTHER

BRUCE

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Wolfgang disapeared !! I hope all is well with him.

Wo bist du ??

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Try his coffee shop site..........;)

4. F40org

F40org Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Munich / Ft. Myers(FL)
    Full Name:
    Rolando
    If you are looking for Wolfgang the German with his testarossa I can say you - everything is OK with him.

5. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    we all miss Wolfgang! :( ... but glad he's ok... never doubted that ;)

6. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Wolfgang is doing great, I confirm. He's just left the "supercar scene". Whether his leave of absence will be temporary or permanent, nobody knows.

We all hope that he will come back one day

7. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Indeed would second all that you say.

Please could someone who is in touch with him pass on my best regards to Wolfie -

Thanks Kevan

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello my dear old friends & fchatters,

Thought I have to reply – even when my last post here is 9 months ago (no, I was not pregnant the last 9 months ;))
    I´m fine, my family is fine and life is still good to me and my family, thanks.
    To be honest, I also miss YOU so badly and still remember the good “old” fchat days – maybe the best time in my life I have ever had. I have had the honor & pleasure to meet so many wonderful peoples from all around the world, great hospitality, drive outs, partys an fun without any limits.
    I`m still reading here from time to time with tears in my eyes. Tears cause the SPIRIT and the COMMUNITY has gone – in my opinion, just in my opinion and please no offence taken.
    I remember back in the time when Jens Haller (R.I.P. my friend) started the european section, all in english, and the community was growing very fast cause everybody has the same wave of enthusiasm for FERRARI and wrote in the same language. From all around europe and also USA we got much respect. Same time the ferrarichat.com…munity list started. Meetings and drive outs, fly in and out to friends…..a.s.o.
    And I also remember the “fights” with Rob Lay and ……..you know. But all in good fun
    and for a good reason and object – our fchat community!
    Today, the european “ sandbox” is splitted in countless different language threads – that’s IMHO killer! No more community feelings and once again IN MY OPINION taradiddle and nonsens – cause when you surf the internet you`ll already find in each country a local language speaken Ferrari forum. So why by fchat.COM – yes I hardly typ .COM and not .de or .nl or .uk or dot.another european land. There does excist why don`t you use them and instead of .com?
    Anyway, time changes maybe I m getting older or not tolerant enough?
    I hav left fchat and the community – still in good memory!!!

Last but not least, dear maranello71 a.k.a. Andrea:
    NO I have not left the “supercar scene”! I only sold the Testarossa and bought a Lamborghini.
    Wolfie is still on the road and faster as never before!

My very best regards to all my friends and you & yours.

With Love & Respect

Wolfgang

P.S. Yes, I have changed my e-mail cause of +100 spams a day (nothing to do with fchat!)
    Please drop me a mail over my web-site: guitar-coffee-shop.com , use the contact button and I`ll be back with my new email.

9. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Wolfgang.

Nice to "hear" from you again bud, I'm totally agree with you about this European "sandbox" thing, well said ;);)
    Things are not what they used to be in here....:(

Anyway, I'm thrilled to hear that you have achived another goal in life, I'm so happy for you bud.:)
    I'm very curious of what Lambo you got, so please send me some pics of your new (and real) Beast. And we (Merete & myself) are looking forward to see you and your new toy in the time to come :)

CONGRATS BUD!!!!!

Take Care dude.:)

Best
    The Elg Man :D:D:D

10. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Greetings from the dutch mountains buddy!!

11. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I always knew that we could lure you out of your cave! :)

12. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Nice to hear you're doing fine m8!! :)
    Sadly i know exactly what you mean! :rolleyes:

Maybe post here some pics of the Lambo? :D :p

13. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Greetings my friend. Glad to hear you are well. A Lambo!? Any pics? ;)

I understand your point about how f-chat was and is....but if we keep losing great members such as yourself it can only get worse around here.

I am sure I speak for many when I say PLEASE stick around. We miss you and your enthusiasm around here.

Best,

Vasco

14. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    This original post of BWS550 was posted in the dutch spoken forum so I moved it here.

I had a few PM's with Wolfgang about a month ago as I was pushing him to visit our meeting (28/4). He's a nice guy and I hope he will be a little more active in the future again.
    And I even won't send a hitman to him for buying a Lambo. (any pics?)

15. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    Wolfgang, I must agree.
    Since splitting the Europe section into 5 different languages/nations a lot of topics is no longer 'reachable'. Fun is gone.
    Anyway, congrats to your Lambo! (finally :D )

cinque

PS: hope to cu soon somewhere on the road again ;)

16. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I had a feeling you fell victim to the Dark Side

:D

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I still have the pics of SRV he posted in the famous Zupra Cafe.......;)

Stay well, Wolfgang......come see us in Texas!

18. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hi Wolfgang,

Regardless of what you drive you will reamin THE "Wolfarossa" :) I look forward to witnessing the running of the bull...

Regards from M.I. (a.k.a. G.I.),

MARK

19. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    Hi Wolfie, you're totally right....about all these different languages thread...and the worse is to come...

There is already one language sub-forum....not only a thread....but an entire sub-forum for dutch speaking people....

Why...????

There are a lot of great dutch members that we can't see anymore in other thread...sooo desapointing....

20. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    Hello Geoffrey / BoB348 and others.

You are completely right.. we have an entire sub-forum etc in the Dutch spoken section. How come ? Have you seen the amount of post in a short period ? There have been days with over 120 posts a day! Nobody could follow it anymore. If you were away one of two days the line of the thread was a complete book. No chance to read it all ! The dutch forum is HUGE.

By now with the sub-forums there is more visability, now you can pick the thread you have attention for.

With all the countries.... I have my thoughts...
    To my opinion there is nothing better and nicer than sharing the F passion with friends allover Fchat.
    That's why I organised already 2 times a big meeting, as you know as you attended also the first one.
    This time (as you know) we will have the 3rd meeting and 32 Ferrari's will come ! A very nice number I guess..

But..... I invited everybody from Europe... and apart of the Dutch and Belgians there is no one who wanted to make the effort of joining :( And I think I have a very nice programm ! Everybody saw the sticky thread.

French border is 200km. German border is 65km. English border... well, take the ferry. Scandinavian border, few hunderd km.... etc.
    Maybe next time :confused:

21. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Well... just my opinion... like I expressed a few times before allready... it's not an easy situation...

It's a fact that the Dutch language community has grown A LOT. And off course that's great!
    But at the same time a lot of those people seem to prefer conversating in their own language for several reasons, and this is not only in the Dutch spoken thread BTW.
    Since the language threads everyone has the right to do this, and that's fine if you feel better that way... No one can or should be forced to post in English if they don't want too.

With this fastest growing Dutch language group there was a demand for a complete sub-forum... wich still seems a bit "unneccessary" to me personally too... Because unfortanetely some topics that will be started in Dutch could off course be intresting for non-Dutch speaking people too...
    If you understand Dutch, there's no problem at all, but I can understand the non Dutch speaken members that they feel they're missing out on something here... Why not share the fun with everyone?
    And like Geoffrey said... what's next? Sub-forums for French, Spanish, aso...?
    For example, what if the French people would have their own language forum most people hardly came out... and someone who doesn't know French would like to ask a question about a visit to the dealer in Paris?

On the other hand... In the past when almost everyone here posted in English there was a real European community with international people getting to know each other, sharing news, information, pics, a joke and a smile... Almost everyone knew each other... I understand people miss those good old days... but that became difficult with evolution, a constantly growing userquantity...

About the absolutely great Deil meetings for an international public... I feel one thing has a lot to do with the other... it's a great thought to organise this for the international spirit... but you have to see it in perspective...
    Not everyone will be tempted to travel to a meeting to meet people they don't "know" that good and who speak a difficult language most of the time? Yes, it's about the passion... but...

Once again... The Dutch community is stronger then it ever was before...
    I can understand the people who prefer to discuss things and share the F-passion with people who speak the same language and often live almost around the corner... It's absolutely great that you can decide to go for a ride with some friends closeby... We all love and do that... But I also understand the people who feel the "Online European Ferrari community has become an illusion...
    I guess that was an important reason for a group of people to stay away or post a lot less over the last months...
    Luckily a lot of people stayed in contact through several other ways... :)
    Several people found their way to a few other sites... UK, EU,... ;)
    But the European section here lost a lot of intrest...
    And more people only visited the main US threads.
    I feel nothing can be done about that... that's life...

However, that were not the only reasons off course... probably...

Forza Ferrari! :)

Hehe, Wolfgang, ironicly, one of the first language threads was the old German one if I'm not mistaken... started by you...
    Miss you on this site my friend :D;)
    Now where are those pics???
    Let's have some fun.

Alexander

22. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    Alexander, you are totally right...
    I agree with you...

Henkie, your meeting will be great, no doubt about it, but you can't ask people to do 500 km or soo, just for one day...

You know, i think that i will be the only non-dutch speaking member to be present....and it's not always easy.

There are al lot of interesting things in the dutch speaking sub forum, i saw that you plan some other meeting, but i can't understand anything about these....it's disapoiting...

Sure, it's not a problem to have a sub-forum, but please guys, continu to post also in the main european section....

23. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    Hello Geoffrey
    You know that ALL dutch speak english and german, so you can always interfere.
    About the meetings, you are right. BUT.. with one meeting coming up in 3 weeks it has no use to stimulate the people already for the next one. Otherwise it's getting a bit mixed up. So as soon as the Deil meeting is due, the next one will be presented in the Europe forum.

I think by the way that you're gonna be happy about the next meetings ;)

30th of June The Limburg Hillclimb meeting in the Roermond / Maastricht area (by Roel, dino308gt4)
    1st of September Grand meeting de Pais Plat in Lochisti / Gandt (B) (by Derolez)

When you don't show up on these events we're gonna kick your butt.

24. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    That's it.
    If this continues we'll get a belgium section subdivided into Flemish / Walloon.

In all these language sections the off topic postings can survive out of control.
    General readability and transparance in the Europe section suffers.
    Can't remember the last interesting new thread popping up. Must be long time ago.
    It might be hidden somewhere in the 'eastern europe' corner, but who likes to crawl all the language sections? I say: Close them all.
    Otherwise 'Europe' is dead because everything happens somewhere else.

cinque

25. AntonioMora

AntonioMora F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2004
    Malaga (España)
    Full Name:
    Antonio Mora Romero