With GTC4 prices in free fall ...is it time to tradein my FF? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

With GTC4 prices in free fall ...is it time to tradein my FF?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Actualizer, Jun 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    My FF came with IPE system not my choice and it’s still not brutal, now if you switch off all the assists that’s another conversation but that’s
    true with all modern high powered cars

uhn2000 likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Cats too? IPE doesn’t do cats, that was the main difference for me, that and the tune, it is still a GT but sportier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    I still feel guilty when I have an early morning start up it wakes up the whole lake.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. jerome88

jerome88 Rookie

Sep 2, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Full Name:
    Jerome de S
  5. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    What are the deals you're seeing?

6. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

GTC4s are in free fall. I’m looking at a AU$730K well optioned 2017 Gtc which is being offered for a AU$175k tradein for my 2012 FF.thats almost a 50% price reduction for the Gtc with 20000kms on it . And a few others . The GTcV8S are just $50K over my FF.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. anthony47

anthony47 Karting

May 15, 2005
    Still waiting for the story?Thanks

8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #33 uhn2000, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Ha, ok here it is.. quick version. Had an FF for 3 years and it was my DD, by the time I sold it had 42,000kms it was my favourite Ferrari at the time and it just embodied everything. I really wanted a GTC4Lusso to replace it and picked a similar concept/theme of colours. However the Lusso is much more relaxed car then FF, its more comfortable and insulated. I really struggled with the LussoV12 and speccing it in a similar concept didn't do much to really excite me as much (my mistake). So one day I test drove a LussoT and I loved it, it was just an amazing drive. I made a mistake buying a similar spec Lusso to my FF and decided to order a LussoT in something different and got great money for my V12 at the time - think I only walked away for like $50k (CAD) loss after almost a year of ownership (very lucky). The LussoT I spec'd to keep, I specc'd huge and ironically it was delivered at the same time as my 812SF so it was a perfect pair of V8 and V12 (pic at bottom). My brother in-law really wanted a Lusso and one weekend I gave him the LussoT to take on a drive, he begged me to let him buy it. I was like just order one.. but he insisted and we came to a deal and it was gone after only 6 months. I missed the Lusso concept so much and Ferrari had a Nero Daytona car I didn't love but thought you know what its priced right, modified, and I didn't feel like waiting again etc. let me just grab it. The Nero car was nice and with an exhaust + dropped it was magically, I was so happy but too much black everywhere and it smelt really funky inside- I did everything to try and change that but it was cologne or cigar not sure. Because of the smell my wife refused to drive it and she loved Lussos.. so I was like omg fine I will sell when I can. Low and behold one day there are 2 Lusso's for sale at Ferrari and they keep dropping them (its winter) one is white/rosso and the other is pozzi/bordeaux. At the time my business partner had taken my Nero Lusso to drive around said he wants one so badly and specifically that white on rosso one at dealership. I said ok fair enough I will try and help you do a deal but it will be hard.. and it was .. nobody would budge but we waited and waited. At the same time another friend went to go see the Blue Pozzi car but didn't love the spec because it was too crazy, said he would rather my black car. I told him to take my black one and I would try and do a deal on the Pozzi and White Lusso at the same time for me and my biz partner to see if we could swing a deal - we did well! Only bad part was my friend backed out of the Nero Lusso deal at the last minute after I made an offer the blue Pozzi car. Lucky for me the dealership really wanted it back and I took a bit of a hit but not that bad. So here I am with a dropped, valves open, pozzi/bordeaux Lusso that I will probably keep for a very very long time! Finally found love as they say :)

Attached Files:

9. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    I need more friends like you. Lol. Great story. Pozzi is an amazing spec!

Caeruleus11, Nospinzone and uhn2000 like this.
  10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Well have to say the Pozzi blu over Bordeaux is a great combination. I had a Pozzi 360 for 5 minutes in a similar vein.

The red of Bordeaux really sets it off and to me ages better than rosso interiors.

I have the same wheels. Love them.

The thing about the T is,less about the engine and more about the rear wheel drive. For us Floridians, there’s an allure to it. But the resale is like a heart attack. I’ll get one when they’re cheap enough.....

Caeruleus11, SECRET and uhn2000 like this.
  11. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    SECRET and uhn2000 like this.
  12. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
  13. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You car pic reminds me of my Porto and Lusso ones.. guess we are fans of the Blues.. :) TDF Blue 70th on my Porto.

Attached Files:

14. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Yes indeed ! Gorgeous Porto you have. Our Cali is in NART blu.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and uhn2000 like this.
  15. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    i know. 4 mistresses!

uhn2000 likes this.
  16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    7k at 120 mph in FF is really really amazing.

uhn2000 likes this.
  17. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You know it! Cars seem cheaper..:p

Caeruleus11 likes this.