Wish me well.... | FerrariChat

Wish me well....

Discussion in 'New England' started by Capt, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I dropped the 355 off at Boston Sports Car today. The car needs a passenger side CV boot and a drivers side exhaust header and a drivers side rear shock. I made the decision to have both exhaust headers rebuilt by QV London and the shock is being send to http://www.deltavee.net/ for a rebuild. Wish me (and my pocket book) well as I send a bunch of my car all over the coutry and the world!!!

-Michael

2. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Michael,
    You can expect a thorough cleaning of your checkbook! Did you get a quote from them? I would seriously consider getting a quote from KTR in the future.

How is the baby? Ready for us to deliver up a dinner?

Birdman

3. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Birdman,

The baby is doing great, we are in the middle of the every 2 hr feedings.

The mother inlaw leaves this weekend, so next week would be ideal for your offer (Eileen will be on her own for the first time and I'm going to take my last three vacation days).

I know you were un satisfied with how your car ran after your BSC experience but to be honest they have always treated me very fair. The more I learn about the car as well, I am getting more involved in how things should be handled and am no longer at the mercy of anyone.

-Michael

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Michael,
    OK, next week I'll bring some dinner. As much as your mother in law is a great help, I'll bet you will be glad to have some more space/time to yourselves when she leaves. Having company (even helpful company) with a new baby is stressful. Getting any sleep?

To be fair to BSC, they were very nice people to me and everyone here on Fchat that has dealt with them says positive things, so in general they are probably great. My experience is probably the exception rather than the rule.

Birdman

5. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Birdman,

As the guy that recommended them to you, I have to ask, did you ever take up your dissatisfaction directly with BSC? I firmly believe in giving someone the benefit of the doubt and a shot at righting a wrong.

Although learning to tune your carbs is certainly something you should learn if you plan on keeping the car.

-Michael

6. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi Michael,
    You are not the only person who recommended them so don't feel guilty! ;-) Besides, you introduced me to Dave Bosbach and that was a really good tip!

I never did take the car back to BSC talk about the work because honestly, I was afraid of what it would cost me to have them look at it again! So they did not know I was unsatisfied. I should have spoken to them about it. My experience with other car service people told me that complaining wasn't going to change a thing, but I was wrong. Perhaps as a result of this thread (?) Darin from BSC learned of my malcontent and contacted me to ask if he could come get the car on his flatbed and give it a look free of charge. I thought that was pretty classy of him. Since I'm in the middle of a carb sync (yes, I decided to learn!) I probably won't need that tune up again (I hope). However, when the car is back together but I might take him up on having him re-check that new clutch. I have to give them credit, once they knew I was unsatisfied, they have gone out of their way to follow up and see if they can rectify the situation. Definitely not like your typical mechanics. Keep ya posted.

Birdman

P.S. You never told me if you were getting any sleep!

7. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I can't say enough about BSC and the whole crew (Jonathan, Mike, Chris, Jeff and Joe) but especially Darin. There were a few bumps in the road after my major service and they always stood behind their work, 100%. Not to mention who could forget them coming to save my ass on the Pike, on their day off!!

Yes, I have been sleeping but that is coming to an end this week. I was lucky enough to be sleeping upstairs while Eileen and the baby were down but now that we are supplementing with pumped breast milk and forumula, I've been instructed to join in on the 2hr feedings.

-Michael