Wish me luck... | FerrariChat

Wish me luck...

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by wingfeather, Nov 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    I've just been accepted into the graduate Psychology program :)

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Good Luck! BTW, I've been having these dreams.....

3. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congrats! Where will you be? I did my undergrad in Psychology at the University of Kentucky; the faculty there are some of the most solid people I have ever met.

4. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Just currious about your age. I thought you were well beyond schooling age. I know if I tried to go back I'd have a hard time with the time and disipline needed to study!

Good luck to you.

5. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    If I can do it, you can do it! I started Graduate school on my 40th while working 60-70 hours per week and dealing with the Z club. Actually appreciated it more than if I had immediately followed my undergrad. Yes, you do sacrifice, but for 2 years? Hardest part was finishing and suddenly dealing with freetime!

Wingfeather...Good Luck!

6. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    How did you like being in class with girls who could be your daughter?

7. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    how driven, wonderful. will you be nr lex ky. if so please say hello. that goes for all, any time

8. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    HAHAHA!! That's a loaded question

9. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Actually ended up in classes with all working adults.

10. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Good luck, that is ambitious of you to go back. I've often thought about going back for an MBA, but at this point I just don't think I have the time to make that kind of commitment, so hats off to you for doing so :)

11. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    #11 wingfeather, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
    WOW, thanks for all the kind words guys!!! :)

I'll be going to Capella. I can't justify quitting my career & going to school full time.

Someone told me to apply to an ivy league anyway, and I could get a free ride? Something about doing free research & teaching in return for free tuition. I think I'll still do Capella first, then transfer at my liesure if that turns out to be true.

I am about 50 mentally, 80 physically, but mid 30's chronologically. We shall see what challenges present themselves... I am no stranger to adversity!

I would think that this is the MO for grad school. The teeny boppers are in undergrad, then stop once their free rides end.