Wipers wont turn off | FerrariChat

Wipers wont turn off

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Valenzo, Aug 9, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    My '89 Mondial T's wipers work in all 4 settings. They seem to speed up in the lower position but dont seem to change in speed in any other lever position.

Mainly, they wont turn off in any setting other than in between positions with the lever. I know this isn't correct but its the only way to make them stop.

Any suggestions?

-Ted

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    This is absurd !!! WTF is going on with your car? I hope a large transport is heading your way to pick up your car. This madness must end. My God, even I'm pissed !!! :(:(

Take a deep breath - - relax..............

It'll all be better soon....

Hank

3. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello Braden... Hello?

4. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I posted this elsewhere, but with all due respect to Braden, are there any factory trained mechanics or even experienced Ferrari mechanics in the shop. I sure don't see any mention of it on their website.

You shouldn't be messing with italian electronics, especially Ferrari mechanics if you don't know EXACTLY what you are doing.

I am not saying these problems were caused by Braden, but there is a reason people ship their cars across the country to shops like Rifledriver's, Dave Helms and Algar Ferrari.

I hope I'm wrong and this is not the fault of Braden, but a response would go along way to alleviating our concerns.

5. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I dont get this whole wiper thing. It actually worked this morning when my key was in ACC position but stopped working when i started it.

For now the car is going to sit until the clutch is resolved and when that happens i'll live with keeping the wiper arm in between settings. The wipers worked fine when i bought it but then so did all the other switches, except for the engine hatch. I'm just going to assume that it will be an easy fix and leave my mind at that.