Winter Get Together? | FerrariChat

Winter Get Together?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by rollsorferrari?, Dec 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    who wants to meet up for lunch/dinner/whatever at some point in time over the holidays? all i can say is, hopefully this time i won't lose you guys, :D

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    did you have anything in mind? given the lame turnout at C&C a few weeks ago I don't see that happening in January. weather/salt-free roads permitting a drive might be fun, I finally have my life back for a month or so...

3. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    I'm in with the 993, but the Ferrari is sleeping til spring. I'll watch this space.
    Bill

4. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Bill,

If the weather cooperates we can both bring the F-cars to The Chase in January? Still interested in help pouring?

Jeff

5. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    is there another wine event there? details plz :)

6. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Saturday January 30 and Sunday January 31 is the "St. Louis Food & Wine Experience" at the Chase Park Plaza. On Friday January 29 is the extra event "The Premier Tasting". The beneficiery is The St. Louis Repertory; major sponsors are Schnucks and US Bank.

Miriam and I have been attending this for the last 5 years. The reserve room always has some great wines. The Premier Tasting event started last year and it has spectacular wines.

Bill will be pouring at this event. Major Brands always makes a big showing of their portfolio. I don't know the participation of the other distributors this year but previously Premier Cru, Garco and Missouri Beverage have also been a part of it.

The Premier Tasting is a special ticket that includes admission to the regular event with the Reserve Room. $250 per person.

Wines can be ordered at the event with great, great deals. All wines are then picked up at the Frontenac Schnucks about 1 week later.

I have the pour list for the Premier Tasting. I can send it if anyone is interested.

Jeff

7. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    I will be there pouring and it is a tremendous event. If you are into serious vino, the premier event is well worth the $250/tab. Pinnacle alone is bringing 16 wines that range from 75-$400/btl. I hope to see everyone there.
    The Ferrari is asleep til spring, but the 993 is a much better companion in winter anyway. I fit in it with the roof on, it has four wheel drive, isn't afraid of salt etc.
    B

8. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Received the notice from Claudia with the details on the Post-Christmas event. Saturday January 9th at Jim's garage. We plan on attending.

Jeff

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'm there too.

as for the wine event, I'm interested in going but probably Sat or Sun...$250 is too rich for my blood and wine-tasting palette.

10. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    The tickets for the Saturday or Sunday event with Reserve Room is $95. Great wines are poured in the Reserve Room just not as unobtainable as the Premier Tasting. There is also various apetizers and such in the Reserve Room. There is also a regular food and wine on the main floor that is less $. Various cooking demonstrations, food products and "regular" wines are there.

http://repstl.org/foodandwine/reserveroom/

Jeff

11. HotModelPhotography.com

BANNED

Mar 30, 2009
    Whiteman AFB, MO
    Full Name:
    Chazz Hobson
    Im all up for a meet of any kind. I need some cars to shoot!

Ill come out in my poor mans supercar lol The S2k

12. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    good times!

13. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    OK Im up where are we meeting? linch dinner? Last year we met at the Ameristar in St. Chas anyone want to do that again? Dave & Busters? Harrahs? Lumiere? name it and I probably in. Got a week off,,woohoo.

Dave

14. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i'm fine with any of the above, i've done the buffet at harrahs before (one of those nights they offered 30 minutes of play and you get a free buffet) and it wasn't bad...by the way, dave, i didn't know there was a 4:18 AM, :D

15. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    so how bout it, anyone want to shoot to try to do something this week/weekend?

16. HotModelPhotography.com

BANNED

Mar 30, 2009
    Whiteman AFB, MO
    Full Name:
    Chazz Hobson
    I vote yes! Then again they say more snow Tomorrow... Think It will be Clear by Sat?

17. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm free Saturday...actually subjecting myself to a Rams game on Sunday...free tickets, getting what I'm paying for :)

roads are already covered w/ salt, they'll be worse by this time tomorrow...

18. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i was offered tickets for the game, i declined, :), but hey, it's half priced concessions, which means a beer will only cost you 15 bucks, and a hot dog will set you back only 20, :D

so, saturday? we can celebrate my (2 days early) birthday, :)

19. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Sat. works for me....anyone else?

maybe lunch at Burger Bar and some "gaming" at Lumiere Place?

oh, and happy birthday Scott!

20. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    Too much weather for me.
    Bill

21. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Would love to meet up with any or all of you, but its too far and too much bad weather for me. :( I would even love the drive!!

PDG

22. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    that, or i think i've got a couple of buy one get one free buffet coupons for harrahs, but i would have to double check on that.

23. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    okay, free is good :)

anyone else? Dave? Tim? etc etc?

24. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    actually, negative on the buy one get one buffets, the coupons i have expire today, but i get stuff from harrahs in the mail every few weeks, and i'm about due, so if i get them before saturday i'll let you guys know.

25. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    Im at Innsbrook this weekend.