winter car ideas | Page 2 | FerrariChat

winter car ideas

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 95spiderman, Jul 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    rover is good idea esp since 10's have new jag engines. problem is i had them for 10yrs and dealer is inconvenient so no good

i cant decide between pana and cl550 but probably wont get either due to $ and only 4 seaters. probably will come down to 750 vs s550 which are both dull.

2. Roell

Roell Karting

Oct 31, 2005
    Milwaukee
    My 06 has a Jag engine.

3. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I think the S8 would be less dull than either of the above, but perhaps it's too close to the A8L you're replacing?

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i do like the s8 but it is similar and wife wont appreciate the extra power so not really worth it.

rovers still have jag engines but now theyre the new 400 n/a and 500 s/c ones

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    #30 BMW.SauberF1Team, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    I second the Infiniti G37X. I used a '08 G35X a few times this past winter in Maryland when my Z couldn't take snow over one inch (open diff and summer tires...). Drove like a charm and has a lot of nice options for a good price. You don't have to worry about door dings or scratches unlike a Bentley CGT where I'd be worried about it. Very reliable car as well.

6. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    +1
    I have a set of Blizzaks on my RWD 335i coupe, and the car is perfect in the snow.
    As a plus, it even rides better than it does with the original Runflats.

7. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    #32 Mule, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    One thing that I have said before - snow and ice are different depending on where you live. My truck does great in Anchorage with 4WD, limited slip and studded tires. Don't need studs in Fairbanks. Snow depth and moisture make a huge difference. We have received snow overnight measured in feet and other days, snow mixed with rain on top of melting ice/snow. Some days you are king; some days you are a snail.

8. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    do they plow out there? Here in the 'knife they don't until things start to melt. So the pack builds up to at least a foot thick in some places by the end of winter....

Not to derail the thread, just curious...

9. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    They do plow, but the side streets are last. Got to get out of the neighborhood. Sometimes you just need the height of a truck to get through. I have 35 inch tires and have pushed snow with the bumper in my driveway. I get the foot of pack in the driveway which is actually pretty good traction.