winter 328 projects | FerrariChat

winter 328 projects

Discussion in '308/328' started by albert_k, Dec 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. albert_k

albert_k Rookie

Nov 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Albert Khasky
    so..not surprising, i’m building a list of to-do’s for the new 328...
    observations so far..
    the rear deck and headliner material does not hold up to age or dirt. luckily i located some matching leather.

i’ve read a lot of threads about no pop rivets in 89’s..mine had 2 in the top corners by the side strips. they held the panel with the 3rd brake light in place along with the targa top latch receivers (see pic)..hope this helps someone else.

taking the seatbelts out, steaming and soaking them worked very well! they retract properly now. steamers are really useful! the shark pro is a great deal for 60 bucks including a ton of attachment including a pressure nozzle

seat leather..oh boy! mine are in nice, original, and i’m really good shape. just hard. i understand they have a lacquer coating. i’ve been thinking about this...as the lacquer hardens over time it must develop micro cracks like safely glass. in theory this should allow rejuvenating cream/oil in. i hoped...well.. i got them cold. yep cold..50 degrees. figured it would open the cracks a bit more die to stiffness. then i massaged in hide food. i worked it like a baseball glove. left a lot on the surface too. then i brought temps to 75 over night. came back, wiped if the residual, and brought the temps back to the normal 60 degrees. i only did one seat by the way. HUGE difference!
    by the way. my targa top pins really are quite hard to pull out of the sockets. anyone else have this issue?
    lastly i have yards of headliner/parcel shelf leather left if anyone needs some. it’s cream colored Italian leather with the perfect texture and thickness. i’m acetoning and dying mine for a perfect match to the existing interior. it might already be a great match for a cream interior if someone wants me to send a strip to test.