Wings & Wheels Car Show '06 - July 21-23 | FerrariChat

Wings & Wheels Car Show '06 - July 21-23

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Jerrari, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    #1 Jerrari, Dec 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Guys (and gals), I just finalized plans for the 2006 "Wings & Wheels" car show. The show will be July 21, 22 and 23 inside the Muskegon Air Show and you are all invited. Each registered vehicle's owner will receive 6 tickets for the show so that you and a guest can attend the show all 3 days if you wish. We will have 15,000 sq ft this year instead of 5000, so we will have room for several more cars. As a special added feature this year, I have Jay Koka coming to the show to display some of his awesome Ferrari/exotic car artwork. I am VERY excited to have such a top notch artist at this event! Please check out his website at www.jaykokastudio.com. We will also have Ferrari shirts, hats, 1/18 cars, etc there for sale. I paid out a lot of money out of my own pocket at this past show so unfortunately I have to ask for $25 per car as an entrance fee to help offset my costs. This price is good until 7/01/06 after which the registration fee will be $50.00. I know it is still very early but please let me know as soon as you can if you plan to attend. I have included some photos that Andreas Forrer (from Chicago) took at the '05 show as well as some hotel information.
    Hotels:
    1) Amerihost Inn (231) 798-0220 Very nice clean place, about 5 years old located 1 mile east of airport. No views of anything.
    2) Holiday Inn (616) 846-1000 Nice place on Spring Lake w/ awesome views.
    3) Shoreline Inn & Suites (231) 727-8483 1 year old VERY nice place located 4 miles north of airport in downtown w/ great views of Muskegon Lake www.shorelineinn.com.
    4) Comfort Inn (231) 739-9092 8 years old, very clean no frills 3 miles n.e. of airport.
    I will update this thread monthly as a reminder to you. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks, Jerry.
    Photos:
    Blue Angels
    Andreas' 308
    Dave Bendl's Boxer
    Anastasia/Hamburgler/Janelle (my wife)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    #2 Jerrari, Dec 12, 2005
  3. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Jerry,
    I will have to confirm the dates but I am sure we will be there. When we send a check do we make it out to you or the air show?
    Skip in GR

4. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    To me please Skip. With each car entered, you will get 6 passes for the air show, that will let in you and a guest each of the 3 days. Party at my house Saturday night again. Make sure you bring your parents, son and daughter again....great people!!

5. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    i dont have an f car but how much does it cost just to get in

6. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Go to www.muskegonairfair.com for all pertinent information on the show.

7. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Jer, I'm glad to see you're organizing this again this year. I plan on attending with the 348. How is the planning for a run on the tarmac? :)

Hey, let me know if you need help for set up or anything.

Mike

8. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I am working as hard as I can to do the tarmac race in '06. If you know of anyone over there with a Ferrari, please give me their name and contact info., I want to get 30 cars this year. What I really want is to find an Enzo to come to the show. If you have a line on an owner, please let me know. Thanks, Jerry.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, you can definitely count on the Chicago Contingent to Show up. We had an Awesome time last year!

Mike Oldani. Good to hear from you. Looking forward to seeing you again this year!

Come on! You Michigan Ferrari Guys and Gals! You Indiana Folks, too! It's not too far a drive. And, for that matter....anyone else in the Midwest! You gotta check out this Event. You'll definitely have a Great time, for sure!

Jerry. Wish I could help you out with an Enzo...But, after 2 Divorces, and starting up a new Business, am a little short of the $Million Dollar$ Price of one this year....:( Who knows....maybe next year?....:)

10. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Wish I could have made it this year. The pics looked awesome. Who knows, maybe I'll be in the area again next year.

11. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Jerry, Would you like to have the information show up in the Central States section of the FCA monthly news letter?

12. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Let me know about the tarmac race, I'm VERY interested (if you haven't been able to tell as of yet) :)

I'll spread the word to the Ferrari Owner's I know in S.E. Michigan. I'll see about drumming up a 355 spider or two, a 308, a 328, maybe a 360 CS, Boxer, and I'll see what I can do about drumming up an Enzo (not bloody likely!)

Hey, I also know someone who should have his Gallardo Spider by then. I know you wanted to keep this more of an F car thing, however, that blue Diablo attracted quite a bit of attention this year.

Mike

13. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Frank! How the heck are you? I've been watching the threads in the Chicago section and checking out all the great pictures you guys always have!

I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys again. This year, I'm hoping to at least get the wife and kids up to the show at least for a little while to meet everyone.

For those of you who are thinking about heading to Muskegon for the show, you will not be disappointed. Between the jets, the cars, and most importantly, the people you'll meet are truely top notch.

And this year (eh hem, Jerry...) you'll most likely see some cars in action out on the tarmac! ;-)

See you guys soon!!!

Mike

14. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Jerry,
    Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more at the party, such is life. But, my 365 (Miss July) should be ready. I will try to make it. I probably wouldn't take the ferry, like the other chi people though, I like to drive, plus it is a lot easier for me to just skirt the south end of the lake.

Bill

15. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Sounds good Bill, you will have a blast!!

16. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Jerry, How soon can we start sending in our checks? Any prize for the first person to get their check to you?

On a side note, what do you think of all this snow. -Skip

17. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I'll give you first dibs on vehicle placement at the show! As far as i'm concerned, the snow is OK until after the holidays, then I don't care to see it again until NEXT Christmas!!

18. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Just a reminder to everyone about the W & W show this July. If you are interested in attending, please let me know ASAP as I am limited to about 30 cars. Thanks, Jerry.

19. boxerboy

boxerboy Karting

Dec 4, 2003
    Hi Jerry

I'll be there with my wife and hopefully some grandkids. I'll bring the BB512 also. I'll put the check in the mail this weekend. I also have a call in to Joe at Cauley Ferrari re: tech session on May 6. Will let you know.
    Dave

20. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    #20 Jerrari, Apr 22, 2006
    FYI, here is what Jay Koka is proposing for the Wings & Wheels print for the show. I may have him change the 430 to red, but other than that I think it is awesome.

21. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Jerry, the Wings & Wheels event was in the Ferrari News Bulletin I got yesterday.

22. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    If I can make it over there. Can I get a ride in one of your F-cars. pu-pu-pu-please

23. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Absolutely, no problem at all!

24. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Guys, the event is drawing near so I would appreciate it if any of you that are planning on attending, please get your $25 entry fee in to me to lock in your spot. I have only 8 spots left right now (room for 30 total). Thanks! Jerry.

25. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    does anyone know who's blue diablo that is? it was sitting in front of the Hyatt about 2 weeks ago in downtown cleveland...AMAZING car. great pics