Winfield Car Show this weekend 22nd | FerrariChat

Winfield Car Show this weekend 22nd

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by NSXER, Jun 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    This Sunday 22nd, there is a car show in Winfield. I thought we could get a group together for the show, grab some lunch and go for a Cowley 20 drive. I will be taking 4 cars.
    For anyone that comes, lunch is on me!

Brian

2. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    I wish I could make it. It sounds like a great time.

I can't wait to see photos.

This weekend is "Back to the 50's" here. I'll be at the State Fairgrounds all weekend.

3. Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit Karting

May 10, 2008
    Sounds like a blast ! Is it going to be in the park ? I'll bring the 968 so that means I might be in alot of rearview mirrors on Cowley 20.........but count me in. I'll also ask Darell. Just FYI, we (Darell and me)are going to the Central and West get together on Friday and probably get a bite to eat (open to suggestions) so if anyone is interested the more the merrier.

4. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Brian, which 4 are you taking? Sounds like a great plan. John, what time are you and Darel heading up to wellington? Anybody heard from Allen?

5. Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit Karting

May 10, 2008
    Brian,
    I got in touch with Darell and he is ready for some action on Saturday. He'll probably leave a post when he gets home from work (Hawker took away his internet privaleges when they did a time study on all the car websites he was on when he was supposed to be working). What time should everyone plan on meeting you ?

Scott,
    We will probably meet up about 6:00 for dinner and then go over from there. We are pretty much wide open on dinner ideas Knollas Pizza, Freddies Frozen Custard, Teds Montana Grill, Pei Wei's, Panera, Ruby Tuesdays, Taco Pronto ????

6. Darell

Darell Rookie

Jun 28, 2007
    John will see you Friday night at 6:00. I will plan on attending the show in Windfield on Sunday cannot promise i will be able to wash off the dirt form our last Cally 20 drive.

Brian what time and where do we need to meet up for the Sunday show?

7. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    The show is at the Winfield Fairgrounds. I thought we would meet up at my building at about 11am (or whatever time works for everyone) and then head to the show, stay for a little while, grab lunch and tackle Cowley 20.

Brian

8. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Not sure which to the show but I may take the old Carrera on Cowley if it is not too hot.
    Where are you Allen? He is probably in Vegas!

Brian

9. Buffs Place

Buffs Place Rookie

Jan 1, 2008
    Mulvane, Kansas
    Do you fellows mind if I tag along in my 320 SLK ?

10. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Not at all...come on down.

Brian

11. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Ok, I have my murcielago all done BUT one part. I have been trying to order a part for a few weeks because they keep sending me the wrong one. It turns out that they do not make the piece I need.

I was waiting for the carbon fiber tunnel cover. They sent me the e-gear. That does not fit. However, they do have a 6-speed version, but it does not have the cut out for the suspension control like mine has. So, they are over-nighting me the piece and and need to find a way to cut/machine a small little square from the carbon. After that, here are about 10 screws and I will be done.

I wish I could find someone to paint wheels. It is hard to find anyone that will paint wheels, let alone a 3-piece.

12. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    I am sure that was a little frustrating...if you need help machining out the carbon let me know. As for painting the wheels you might want to have them powdercoated. I had my NSX wheels done that they turned out great and much more durable than paint.

Brian

13. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    do you have anything special the could machine it out? I could just use my dremel, but maybe there is something better?

Were your wheels multi-piece?

14. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Depends on the hole and the thickness of the carbon but a dremel is probably the best tool to use.
    The wheels were not three piece....but they can still powdercoat them without taking them apart.

Brian

15. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I have a dremel at home. I hope fedex comes early. I will get her put together and try to stop by. Is there a fee to enter?

Who did you wheels? I think you told me once.

16. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    #16 NSXER, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
    If you need help just let me know..I will be in Wichita tomorrow.
    I do not recall the name but the company is in the Augusta Industrial Park. I paid about $60 per wheel and the quality was fantastic.
    As for the show, $10 entry and they have some great door prizes.
    Brian

17. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Received a couple of emails regarding where we will meet, the address is 620 Industrial Road, Winfield 67156.
    The show is at the Winfield Fairgrounds...right off of Highway 160 coming into town from the west. Here is a link to my building from a mapquest page http://www.mapquest.com/maps/620+industrial+road+Winfield+ks+67156/

If you have any issues please call my cell 620-229-3143

Brian

18. bjhunt1975

bjhunt1975 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Any pics? Sorry I checked out early, had obligations on the homefront.

19. Axtellboy

Axtellboy Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2006
    Wichita, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I'm sorry I missed some of the fun! I've been in town, but I've been completely tied up building a church parade float (of all things....), and the Viper started running hot Friday-before-last (it's getting looked at this morning; I'm hoping it's no big deal). I'll do a post over on the Wichita thread to get us thinking about the Automobilia show on July 12th.

20. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Automobilia, is that the one in old town? Hey Brian, any pics? I was headed your way with the family in the M5 that day, until my daughter got car sick in the back seat. I had to turn around and miss out on all the fun. Maybe next time. Any one running around this weekend? Scott

21. bjhunt1975

bjhunt1975 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    No running this weekend. Took a nice little drive to Sedgwick in the 308 last night though about 8.45-9.30...beautiful night to be out with the top off...BJ