windshield problems | FerrariChat

windshield problems

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by sabertooth, May 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sabertooth

sabertooth Rookie

Jan 29, 2015
    #1 sabertooth, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    have a little delamination going on with my 86 mondy on the passenger side of the windshield and some light scratches on the inside of the windshield where the idiot before me scraped off a parking decal and scratched the glass. its barely noticeable but the car is perfect except for the windshield. i am wondering what i would be getting into trying to replace it and if the aggravation would be worth the benefit of a new, shiny windshield. also if i try to sell it at some point it will be a point of concern for the new buyer i am sure....any thoughts?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If it aint broke, don't fix it applies here!!! Ferrari windshields are very expensive if you can even buy a replacement, I would not take a chance on something going wrong. The delamination is a very common occurrence on F cars from this era, I have some as well on my car.
    IMHO, leave it the way it is and just enjoy your car!

cheers

3. Journiacois

Journiacois Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    I just had to have mine replaced due to a small chip becoming a huge crack. It was impossible to find the surround moulding except from ferrari and that was with the window at a 4000 Euro price. I got the replacement window from Superformance and my garage guy paid a couple hundred for the special glue needed and he did the work after carefully removing it to save the old surround . In the end it was still about 2K Euros.

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    If the windshield is OEM with the Ferrari logo (shield) then it's a keeper. These are no longer available other than used. Available aftermarket windshields do not have the Ferrari logo on them.

5. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Shelton Ferrari replaced our windshield with OEM before we bought the car. They had the surround trim powder coated before reinstalling. Looks great and holds up well.
    Dave