window tinting | FerrariChat

window tinting

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by fanatic1, Jun 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Does anyone know much about it? This isn't for an F Car, I just want to get my windows tinted on somehting else. What should I be careful of, what should I ask. Most places will do all the windows for around 200.00. Should I stay away from chains like Ziebart? Any advice?

2. ALarsh

ALarsh Rookie

Mar 28, 2004
    Search google for window tinting locations around you and go to at least 3 of them. Act like you don't know anything about window tinting and ask them the normal questions. Ask about their warranty. Then choose which ever location gives you the best vibe. I just did this yesterday and I pick my truck up a little later today. I was quoted $175, $145 and $122. I got the best vibe from the $145 location with a warranty of no bubbles or pealing for as long as I own the car.

3. BriSalig

BriSalig Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    i tinted the windows of my WRX.

lifetime warranty is important! and make sure that its a company thats not gonna go out of business.

i paid 220 for the whole thing

4. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    is your dealer reputable? if you're "friends" with any of the service guys, ask who the dealer uses (as most don't do this themselves). i've found most of those service guys are more than happy to just give you the name of who they use - cut out the middle man and feel pretty confident the window tinting will be quality.

5. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I had my Miata tinted by a recommended guy & it has looked good for 7 years but seems to be fading. At least it hasn’t turned purple. I’m thinking of tinting my black 328 but am hesitant. Is there a brand of tint product that is top line?

6. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    After I put my glass window top on the Miata I had it tinted. They used Llumar tint. It has been on for about 5 years with no fading. I think they said it has a lifetime warranty. From what they told me it has metal in the tint to help cut down on heat in the car. There is a company making a ceramic tint now that is supposed to be better to keep the car cool.

Llumar is supposed to be one the best; according to the different tint places I've talked to at least.

The only problem I had is with the installer. They managed to cut my top while they were cutting the tint and didn't want to fix it.

I have been wanting to get my jag tinted but if you kneel on the seats the stitching pops and I'm scared that my seats will get damaged while the installers are crawling around in it.

7. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    Yes, coincidentally enough...FORMULAONE. I had this brand of film installed by one of their "certified" installers here in NC over two years ago. It has a lifetime warranty against discoloration, cracking, etc, and the consistent, high quality dye is obvious when you look at it. Highly recommended!