window scrub/felt/scraper | FerrariChat

window scrub/felt/scraper

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ozmondy, Nov 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ozmondy

ozmondy Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2013
    N.T, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Every one has a different name for it but this is what I am after
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/technical-q/120979-3x8-window-felt-scrub-pix.html

Mine has fallen apart and unfortunately caught the window tint scratching it.

I cant seem to find it on anyone's websites.
    I guess I need approx. 6 feet or 2 meters.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction

In a nutshell it is riveted on and is about an 1 inch and 1/8 wide and is attached to the upper door trim.
    The thread name Rutlands but I cannot find it there.
    I have emailed them

Peter

2. ozmondy

ozmondy Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2013
    N.T, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  3. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Welcome Peter, I had the same problem when I got my car and replaced the original type (which I believe are nor longer available) with the Superformance ones. They work perfectly fine.

4. ozmondy

ozmondy Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2013
    N.T, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Its the little things that annoy me when I look at the car, especially with the big scrape in the window tint now. Hopefully the new part will arrive quickly and I can finish the job.
    One of those satisfaction jobs .
    Peter

5. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Superformance usually ships fast :) You need to remove the little triangular finisher at the rear view mirror and the door panel insert first (1 screw at the rear door opening, then pull horizontally backward. When refitting, make sure the center hook is grabbing) Remove the flat headed bolts behind the insert and the single front screw opposite the dashboard inside the cutlin from them top door finisher and pull it up vertically.

6. ozmondy

ozmondy Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2013
    N.T, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I wish you had posted this response yesterday as I surfed/trawled for hours trying to find the right thread for removal

7. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong