Window right rear motor is making noise | FerrariChat

Window right rear motor is making noise

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Lino, Nov 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Engine is ready to go back in but I told my mechanic to look at the right rear window motor. It always had a hard time to go up and it made noise.
    My mechanic says it needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can get one for 89 Mondial T

Thanks,

Lino

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike

Lino,

Both my rear windows stop moving and stuck on down. I have not had time to take it out and rebuild them, most likely dried out lube that has harden. The problem is the rear windows when they did work had a hard time going up or down when the top was down. The folded top mechanism actually blocks the window movement by design. So after 20 something years, these power motors just give up. Sounds like your motor just needs to be cleaned and relube/rebuilt. There were some motors on Ebay, but its gone now. I would shop around for someone to rebuild them for you. Good luck!

I had a similar thread a while back on this.
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339623

3. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    So it's confirmed, motor is grinding and shot. I went through all the posts and I was only able to find a replacement part with Fiat b660, can anyone confirm this.mor does anyone know where I can get one. Help!

4. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Just my luck, I remember seeing them on eBay. The motor is making grinding noise. I wonder if it's not more then died grease.

5. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Ok for the sake of all who have had trouble with these motors my mechanic has found someone to rebuild it. I will know tomorrow if it can be done, let's cross our fingers.

6. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That will be very helpful if you can get a contact of someone who can refurbish these parts.
    Since I like to take my Mondi out with the top down 90% of the time, I have ignored my rear window problems. I just use my temporary plexi glass incase I need to take the car out in the cold with the top up. Will get to the motor issues this winter when I'm stuck in the garage and looking for something to do on the car! :~)

7. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Ok guys, just got a call from my mechanic, he told me the guy at shop was able to rebuild the motor. I will pick it tomorrow to deliver to the shop. I will let you know what exactly was done and how.

Lino

8. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    And please tell us where?

9. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    #9 Lino, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hello,

I went to the shop where they rebuilt or shall I say fixed the motor and it worked much better. The shpo owner said that they replaced the front bearing and repositioned the shaft properly. he also said he was unable to change the bushing in the back because it would have been to difficult to reset. He also changed the brushes.
    We bench tested the unit at the garage and it sounded much better then before. So the motor for the window is going in and then the engine.

I also included some pictures of ball bearings that have to be put one by one. this does not look easy. It has Fiat stamped on the assembly and I think my mechanic says its the same as a Fiat Hugo. But its hard to locate apperently.

Hopefully by Monday it should all be running.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    #10 Lino, Nov 11, 2011
  11. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    #11 Lino, Nov 11, 2011
  12. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Ok so my mechanic assembled it back together and says its much better but says he rather take 10 engines before pulling one of thase window motor assemblies.

as I stated the motor gota new bearing which any electric motor company can do (if motor is not fried) the rest of the mechanisim was cleaned and regreased but putting back those ball bearings seems to be a real pain.

So thats all I got to say on this but I will continue searching for a Fiat Uno window motor and let you know my findings.

lino

13. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    LOL, do you know how many mechanics have said this!!!!

To do the job right has to be one of the most miserable things on earth from how it is described.

Another brilliant Ferrari design!

Glad it worked out!

14. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino

15. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Never heard of a Fiat HUGO but I have heard of a Fiat UNO. Please check.I am sure you know it is important.

16. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    My apologies, it's Fiat UNO. I am speaking with a cousin in Italy who is looking for me.

Lino

17. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe

18. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Hey Joe,

I checked out your post......pretty cool. I like the boxer.

I can't wait to roll that back window up and down.

19. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Ok so it did not work out. The motor runs smooth now but still does not have enough power to bring it up close on the last few inches.

I really hoped that it would have made an improvement but it did not so I was not billed for it.

So for now it will be as in the past: roll up window till motor stops and get my son to help it up for the last few inches.

If anyone ever gets an idea please let me know.

Lino