window motor,LH '81 | FerrariChat

window motor,LH '81

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bundas, Dec 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I remember a possible US option for the lift motor, a Ford truck, maybe? I tried to get on Eurospares and the parts window did not open just now. help with any info. please

2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Has it failed electrically or is it just slow? When I got my car it had a broken coupling and I was surprised dealer had one in stock and for my first F parts purchase I was surprised at how low a price.

If yours is slow, check voltage to it. If that is okay I have heard that cleaning out old grease and using fresh modern / light grease will speed it up.

If you have not removed it yet, be sure to secure the cable on the bobbin with tape or a tyrap; they can be a real pain to get back on.

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    What about if it's just grinding and not really moving the window?

4. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    lucky me I robbed one off a spare car. it was frozen and crud full. cleaned it up and now it works. now I need new hood struts for two cars. the available ones at 90 lbs. are to strong.

5. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Mitchel
    Grinding sounds like the gearbox between the motor and the coupling; when my coupling failed the motor spun with little noise. Do you have the door panel off? Sounds like best thing is to get the motor/drive out of car and find real cause and then find possible solutions. Be sure to make a little sketch of the cable routing before removing the motor!
    Ken

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    the old motor was just worn out. I may look into replacing all the motors with new ones. I just do not want any issues I can avoid

7. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Post a photo of the old one, perhaps someone will recognize it's origin. I say it almost certainly off some Euro parts shelf, probably you know who.

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I've seen some posts on the whole cable thing. I'd like to take the motors out to clean and lube but quite frankly I'm afraid I'd never get it back together.

9. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    These are Bosch window motors. Google Bosch 12v window motors. The are available in many of models.
    Very common, and reasonable. Why re-invent the wheel when you can be on the road with a brand spanking new one for $30USD used, or $150-$200USD new in a couple of hours instead of fritzing with something as silly as this. I hope that this is of some use to someone. Thank you so much. Jq.

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I will try to come up with a part number

11. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    FISPA 808332. cleaned up used one works perfect. up and down quick

12. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Looks like the Alfa and Fiat 124 Spyder's had similar/same winders, so motors are likely to be the same and should be quite available.
    Ken

13. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Google Bosch 12v window motors. Very common. Also, there is currently a glut on ebay. Jq.

14. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    three at surplus dealers, new. I happy thanks all

15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA