Window Motor Help | FerrariChat

Window Motor Help

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Part Time, Nov 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hi to everyone !
    Calling out to anyone with info on the window motor for a 1985 400i, mine has finally given up, the drive end bushing is seized onto the armature shaft, I have had it soaking in penetrant for a day now and no movement.
    The end plate spins around the outside of the bushing, the inner circlip is still on and I have been trying to dream up a slim forked tool that I could use to support the bushing cage and press the shaft out.
    The motor was bare, no protective plastic covering on it so I believe this motor has been replaced/worked on before.
    I have searched normal parts suppliers and ebay, FerrParts has a new motor listed for $211 but are out of stock...ebay had one from a 308 series car for $124 but it has a different part #...any info would be helpful, thanks.

Gary

PS: UNUS Corp. does exist as a company in Italy making various electric motors.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
  3. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Gary,

Your window motors really look like 308/boxer motors. One would need to confirm the overall dimensions and shaft size, length, and style, but I would bet they are the same. There is a used and not working motor on ebay for $50 obo that you could potentially salvage for parts and/or repair. I mention the latter, as these motors are pretty basic and are pretty easy to fix:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-OEM-SPAL-12v-Window-Motor/273538123529?hash=item3fb0248709:g:eek:BAAAOSwNgNbf0~P:rk:24:pf:0

Do not be alarmed with the "red" block affixed to the ebay motor. This is a thermal switch that disconnects the power to the motor should it become jammed, etc and thus causing the motor to overheat.

If the Ebay motor is a no go... and if you can check the measurements of your motor, etc I may have one of my old boxer window motors kicking around that I could send to you.

Cheers,

Sam

4. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Thanks guys.....JM, I have seen that type of motor in my search, just seems like a lot of trouble to buy...Sam, I did notice the one on ebay, and have made an offer on another working 308 motor for sale at $124..offered $99, we shall see, plus, it is in Cali, one week shipping, I have a local car show on Dec 1.
    Thanks for the help ! If it does work, I can always use the crank..ha, ha.

Gary

5. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    The ebay seller in Cali accepted my offer. I should have the motor here early next week, I will see if it will work or if I can build 1 good motor.

Gary

6. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    And.....I bought the ebay "non-working, parts or repair" motor for $50 also....free shipping !

Gary

raemin likes this.