Window accelerators | FerrariChat

Window accelerators

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Valenzo, Dec 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I don't know if you guys know about this but for those slow or sometimes stuck half way up rear windows, there is a product sold by Ricambi called window accelerators.

Dan at Ricambi didn't know if they would work for the Mondial but i ordered them anyway and sent them to my car currently being serviced.

I found out today that they work very well and my rear windows close quickly and all the way without stopping.

$85 each at www.ricambiamerica.com

2. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    for some reason the search function didn't work for me with that name. Do you have a part number/

Art

3. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I emailed and talked to Daniel Sine (owner and Jack Russell Racing on Fchat) personally and he said, as he will with anyone, "the manufacturers do not make claim that they will work on Mondials, and we can't accept electrical items in return" But i ordered them anyway and they do work on Mondials, at least they do on my '89 T

5. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I don't know how the accelerators are installed, but if it requires getting inside the rear window mechanism, Braden is in for a real PITA. Every Ferrari mechanic I have ever spoken too has absolutely loathed the job. It is extremely difficult and time consuming, especially reinstallation. If Braden hasn't tackled it before, make sure they get the skinny from someone with a lot of experience with it.

Ted, you better get them something nice for Christmas!

Braden, if you are reading this, if the job does involve removing the mechanism itself, I would love to see pictures of the process, it has become folklore in the Mondial community, but I have never seen it done.

6. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    well bradan doesn't visit here anymore but shhhhh i was quoted 1.5 hours for the job on two and since he emailed me saying its done and works great i'm hoping nothing changes on the bill.

What i would like most for christmas would be my car under cover sitting up on my lift.

7. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #7 dailyferraridriver, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  8. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    And a big thank you to Bradan for suggesting them, thats saved me some $

9. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ok. Then they definitely can be done without accessing the mechanism itself. The labor on a window motor/regulator job is something like 15 hours IIRC.

Sounds like things worked out great for you!

10. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    Are these for the front or back windows?

Cheers

11. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Mine are for the small rear windows

12. testamon

testamon Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Mike O
    Try going direct to the manufacturer www.rodneydickman.com much better prices and good quick service.

13. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    ouch that is a big difference but considering how much Ricambi has helped me and the fact that they sponsor the forum, i'm happy with my purchase

14. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Ricambi's pprice is 85.00
    Dickman's Price is 89.00

Have I missed something?
    Its not the window helpers we are talking about, its the accelerators.

Cheers

15. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Ricambi is each, Dicks is for a pair

16. adamae82

adamae82 Karting

Nov 22, 2011
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Al Peralta
    Hi Ted, any news with the Rolls? Goodluck with your search.

17. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I did mine for the fronts as my rears are decent and I rarely bring them up and down (unlike the driver window which I use a lot) - but apparently they work for either if Ted says his are for the rears.

Erik

18. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Yea I have an offer in on one that I got to see In person. It's gorgeous but I went with an '80 because I prefer the interior and the rack n pinion steering over the chrome bumper years althougth I like the visuals of the chrome bumpers better. Part of the deal is he stores it for me over the winter. We'll see. I'll post pictures if it happens.

19. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Geese I hope i made it clear to Bradan it's for my rears and not my fronts.

20. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #20 soucorp, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Ted, its probably a good idea to add accelerators to all 4 windows. Its not like the fronts are any better, they're just easier to get into and fix! Just a thought. I will try to do all 4 of mine before they all go caput!
    BTW, here is a nice clip of how the window accelerators work: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fgMv54Y2Jk[/ame]

21. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    I bought the accelerators from Ricambi for my 308 a few years ago. Ricambi sells the ones from the original developer in the UK. I believe any other brands were reverse engineered from the Ricambi product. I'm sure Ricambi can clarify. I was very happy with the accelerators. Nicely made parts.