Will we see the Daytona Coupe allready in 2009 sell for under 100.000 US$? | FerrariChat

Will we see the Daytona Coupe allready in 2009 sell for under 100.000 US$?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by elipinski, Feb 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    what do you think? reg.

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    What does "allready" and "reg" mean?

3. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller

For a decent running and driving car, even one that is a bit "scruffy", I think no...

4. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    you think that the financial crisis will be over in 2009? regARDS e

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Personally, I would be surprised if a running, driving, road-registered Daytona Coupe sold for under $100k in 2009, so "no."

Under $200k? That wouldn't surprise me too much.

And no, I don't think this means the economy is recovering, or going to recover right away.

6. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    These threads are teadious and this is no exception.

BOOOOORING!!!!

7. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    +1
    tedious.

8. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Ask Suzy Orman

9. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    This is getting kinda silly but here goes...

A Daytona will most certainly sell this year for less than $100,000 if such an owner is foolish enough to sell at such a price.

I for one am one of the many buyers who is currently paying well over $200K for them, so an owner willing to let a car go for less than $100K is not clearly in the right mindset to own such a special car in the first place.

Therefore as a service of good will, I will be happy to alleviate such an owner of the burden of concerning himself with the eventual thought that his car might be worth nothing!

Regards,

Bill

10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    A gear box is worth around $40,000, it is difficult to buy most parts for a Daytona, so the parts prices will allways remain high, If you find any at $100,000 let me know. That is why only a breaker may reach such a low price.

Why is it every other day someone starts a new thread with " how low will the Daytona price go" double boring

11. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    +1. Boring thread, silly question, and atrocious grammar.

12. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    If US unemployment goes to 20% in 09 it will. I'm not a religious man but for all of us I pray that that does not happen.

I don't think it will and remain hopeful but I do feel this is the real deal and a lot of things will be blown away.

Two mile posts on the road yesterday. Over 50% of construction has been halted in UAE and so far this year 2200 cars have been abandoned at the airport by people fleeing that country.

Batten down the hatches and enjoy life. If this collapse turns into the catastrophe Mr. Obama spoke of last night, driving the cars we love down roads filled with hungry hordes fuelled by the Grapes of Wrath will not be as much fun as it was when the average good person had a job.

13. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Guys: Even if it the thread is not boring or the grammar is not poor, all this nonsense about value and price should be sent to the recycle bin. The global economy is only beginning to tank, anyone who says ANYTHING about what non essentials are or will be worth is a prophet or a fool and thus should be relegated, like the replica hounds, to their own special spaces on this otherwise great site. M

14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I totally agree.
    Maybe Rob should start a new section for "Ferrari price's post 1980" and for "Ferrari price's pre 1980?" and maybe a sub-section for :- Doom and Gloom and Negative comments!!
    Grant

15. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    +1

To put things in perseptive My Dad brought my Daytona (although it obviously was his then) in 1975 for £7,500. In 1988 its insured value was £400,000, and now it's worth who cares because it's not for sale and they only way it ever would be were if my family would go hungry otherwise.

16. bannishg

bannishg Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Springfield area, MA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #16 bannishg, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    -5. Let's grow up, guys. There is no need to be such an *********, if you don't like the post, just overlook it.

Though prices are declining, I highly doubt that the 365GTB/4 will EVER go below $100k again, let alone by the end of this year. If the automobile becomes obsolete, then it is certainly possible. There are too many people who still have the money and desire, even in this crappy economy, to keep values well in the sixth figure. Perhaps they will fall back into the $200k range?

17. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    #17 dretceterini, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009

Not to change the subject, but I just read that there are 11 million "officially" unemployed, and with the 15 million or so illegals.....and being 10 trillion in debt already, even a bailout of 1 trillion isn't going to change things much, IMO. I think the only way out is to stop ALL foreign aid and invest the money in American CITIZENS. If I were in charge, I would authorize local legal authorities the right to round up and turn over every single illegal they can find, and turn them over to the INS for deportation. The US has tried to be the saviours of the world for far too long...

18. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    ROFLMAO

yes thats just what the US has a worldwide reputation of being.

19. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    I can't believe you are all feeding the troll OP

20. sir-t

sir-t Karting

Sep 24, 2006
    D/A/CH
    There are a couple of offers around 150,000 pounds, at the current exchange rate not a bad deal ;)

21. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Does Suzy know about the nearly 500 zero-mile Daytonas that were discovered in a barn in Florida?

john

22. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    John: Those were Lussos, not Daytonas

23. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Cobra Daytona Coupes. CS will issue a press release about them soon.

24. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Darn it! There goes my cats' inheritance.

25. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Jim, were these the Cobra Daytona Coupes produced in South Africa (Superpreformance)?