Will this radio work? | FerrariChat

Will this radio work?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JLF, Jul 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  2. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    What colour are your dials? Assume 3.2 or T for an orange match; I spent ages finding a radio with green to match the Q.V. (I do get out more now).

I thought there were a few older style that will take Bluetooth or wired iPhone (etc) connections.

What makes you think it won’t work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I don’t know anything about radios. And I saw this radio on a Porsche forum that had some kind of connector that would work with factory Porsche connectors. So I don’t know if Ferrari has some weird harness connector that might not work.
    I don’t really even listen to the radio but I want something that looks more period correct and would be nice to Bluetooth to phone.

The radio I have in there now has all the modern stuff but for some reason the previous owner wired it to the hot battery bus. So you can turn it on and off even with the key out of the ignition.

4. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    What’s the car? In the Q.V. it had been helped by years of changes. The ends of worse should cut. You could get the other ends if anything is a special ‘plug’. I’m assuming you’d have it fitted so it should be fine. The main thing will be checking the size and frame for holding the unit.

Mine had been wired in conjunction with an aftermarket alarm. So if you get someone to do it make sure they are familiar with what else you have - though they should be ok.

5. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Mondial T

6. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    So if you have a place to do it, then I’d just check with them. If you remove/pull out your head unit, you will see all the wires and connector types you have.

paulchua likes this.
  7. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Thanks Stu.

8. swong46

swong46 Karting

Jun 24, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    As long as it comes with the harnesses it'll be a a piece of pie. Luckily head units are pretty universal.

9. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Ok thanks.

10. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    The head unit you linked to looks really nice and should work without issue. My experience is with the QV and not the T, but with the QV there weren't any weird OEM plugs I had to connect to. I just bought a universal wiring harness and wired the radio directly to a power source and the speakers.

I wanted to throw out this option... There are lots of Ferrari Head Units (manufactured by Becker) for sale on eBay. I bought one for $300 in perfect condition that was originally from a 360. Just search eBay for "becker ferrari radio" and you'll see lots of options. Many have Bluetooth support (and if they don't that's usually an easy add-on).

11. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Thanks cockrill I will check that out.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Mine was standard, I pulled out the old one and put in a new pioneer one. Ezpz, the head unit was $120. No CD player, just radio and Bluetooth to link to my phone.

Mine was straight forward, no amp or sub.