Will there be a Vanderbilt Concours in 2008 ? | FerrariChat

Will there be a Vanderbilt Concours in 2008 ?

Discussion in 'New England' started by WILLIAM H, Feb 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I went last year and had a great time

I'd love to go this year and show a car but I havent heard anything

Will this show happen this year ?

2. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    There will be a concours but not the Vanderbilt concours. There are actually two different concours events gong on in Newport this summer but not many details have been revealed as of yet. I'll keep everyone updated as more details become public. Here is a website for one of them.
    http://www.hartfordconcours.com/

3. douging

douging Karting

Sep 8, 2005
    Lynn
    Full Name:
    Doug
    newportconcours.com has a schedule up. I, too, was afraid that there wouldn't be one in Eastern New England this year. It didn't seem like the "Newport Concours" people and the "Vanderbilt Concours" people got along. That newportconcours.com site was a one-page rant for several months until recently.

public Concours is Monday, May 26
    private showing, Sunday, May 25

4. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    The person who wrote that "rant" is no longer involved. He wasn't involved with last years show either.

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    any update on the Newport Concours ?

Thanks

6. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
  7. AllAboutTheCars

Oct 2, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I worked on the Inaugural William K. Vanderbilt Jr. Concours d'Elegance last year and the participants and sponsors were exceptionally pleased wtih the event. The Preservation Society of Newport County, the organization that manages the Newport Mansions, put an incredible amount of time and effort into making the event a success. They chose not to do a concours this year due to schedules and more. They do several events each year that require a lot of dedication and man hours such as a wine and food festival, a flower show and even a beautiful coach show on occassion so they are no strangers to doing big events and doing them well. I am hoping that they will consider a 2009 or 2010 event and also hoping to be a part of it. The mansion homes we used for our Black and White Ball, Racing Legends Dinner and Concours were incredible. I'm helping out with the Vanderbilt Races coming up very soon www.vanderbiltcupraces.com.