Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September? | Page 92 | FerrariChat

Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferro458, Mar 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jean

Jean Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    That is interesting as I thought RWS was there to invoke oversteer to negotiate tight corners and to induce understeer for high speed stability. Did not think the FR F12 would have a natural tendency to oversteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    F12 is 1.23

3. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Haha. The TDF is exactly what many of us thought it would (and could be). The factory would not characterize any F12 variant as a GTO without the veneer of the car being based on something from the track. We can argue about this until we are blue in the face but thats the real bottom line. That being said, the TDF looks to be an incredibly magnificent road car. I'm also not shocked that the literature states that the TDF is designed to be easier to drive for gentleman drivers which is in direct contrast to the GTO. The GTO was clearly and unequivocally designed to be tricky at the limit and just plain old more challenging to drive. I think each car will have a distinctively unique and special personality. Which one you prefer is a very individual choice. Candidly I wish I could get an allocation for the TDF but its not happening. I'll wait for guys like Camlet 1, ROMO, Chall Strad, etc. to get some seat time in their TDF's and to make a comparison. Cheers to all of my blessed brethern who were able to receive an allocation.

4. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Not sure I understand the reasoning behind the name other than 2016 is the 60 year anniversary for the 250 tdf. Anyone?

5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    From the Ferrari release/website:

"FERRARI REVEALS THE F12TDF WHICH PAYS HOMAGE TO THE TOUR DE FRANCE, THE LEGENDARY ENDURANCE ROAD RACE THAT FERRARI DOMINATED IN THE 1950S AND 60S, PARTICULARLY WITH THE 1956 250 GT BERLINETTA WHICH WON FOUR CONSECUTIVE EDITIONS."

6. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #2281 arizonaitalian, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Wow:

+40 HP
    - 240 lb
    Rear steering
    Amazing aero
    new gen brakes

I can't wait to see/hear one of these at a C&C near me. Lucky folks here getting one of these...please share pics and vids with the rest of us!

F12tdf

7. tmario

tmario Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Mario
    As good a reason as any! Great looking car.

Mario

8. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    True.

And yes, very nice. Hope someone specs one in white or Rubino Micalizzato.

9. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    Will these wheels fit on the standard f12?

10. Darthvader

Darthvader Karting

Jan 14, 2006
    new york
    Ferrari will never cease to amaze me.
    What a car, from all points of view. Both style and technology are outstanding.
    And the name, could not be better!
    Can't wait to see one in real.

11. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    #2286 DK308, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Are you talking about rims or the wheels entirely? Nobody knows until we know the specs of the rims. As for tyres, 275 section tyres will fit on stock F12 fronts. Whether the added diameter and section width will? No idea.

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    this is the model my source was talking about: he told me F12 GTO due to 250 GTO look. Then the name chosen was tdf, but this looks like to be an F12 GTO.

ciao

13. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Outstanding design and vehicle dynamics. I'm curious to hear how drivers will respond... It's too bad that Pininfarina did not pen this car. It's like something is missing... Can't wait to see it in the flesh...

14. Cleva

Cleva Karting
    Owner

May 20, 2011
    Hi Hasan
    If I can be cheeky what do you think of the name?

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Can't wait to play on the configurator...

16. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Apparently all the test drivers current favourite, LF included. I don't think we need to worry about the vehicle dynamics, Ferrari no long can either afford or know how to build a poor car-it will drive as it looks, guaranteed.

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Me too !

I hope there will be one !

There was no configurator for the Laf and for the 458 Speciale Aperta...

18. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    There was one for the 599 GTO and I used it extensively over at least 6 weeks prior to spec'ing mine. I can't see myself going to my dealer and spending less than an hour or so on their configurator before finalizing my purchase for a TDF. Being pushed and shoved through the build process would ruin the entire experience for me and is the part I enjoy most when buying new.....Without that drama you just end up buying another car....Yawn!

19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Saw the F12 tdf today in Maranello! There were several about and had the chance to see the triple layer yellow up close.

First off, as usual, pictures don't do it justice. The car is absolutely the bomb. My thoughts on the details

- front spoiler winglets wrap around the front are cool. Don't look gaudy at all. The outside is carbon BUT the inside is body color.
    - The windows just behind the doors are smaller than the normal F12 and look a little odd.
    - the rear portion between the tail lights is not painted black but carbon instead.
    - The matt carbon dash is neat but kinda looks unfinished and raw. Not a bad thing but some might not like it
    - The filler cap that has not been shown in detail on any press photos looks unfinished - and perhaps they might still change it? Doesn't look functional but not like they would let me touch it
    - So far we saw one gray and two yellow
    - The rear exhaust surround is cool. Really like it.

20. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks for sharing your impressions. That must have been really exciting!

Some thoughts:

- the rear portion between the tail lights is not painted black but carbon instead. I think many of the exterior panels are CF and not painting this area shows it off.

- The matt carbon dash is neat but kinda looks unfinished and raw. Not a bad thing but some might not like it Just like they did on the 599 GTO. I think you can specify the "normal" clear coat finish.

- The filler cap that has not been shown in detail on any press photos looks unfinished - and perhaps they might still change it? Doesn't look functional but not like they would let me touch it I'm pretty sure its functional. This recalls the Competition cars. I think its really cool!!

21. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The dealers configurator is now active.

22. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    That is THE QUESTION I'm dying to have the answer.

I absolutely hate the GTO mate carbon parts. Could I have orderd a GTO with all the exterior CF parts in bright, traditional carbon Fiber....

In the same way, will it be possible to have the traditional CF for the TDF, especialy fir the interior... Combined with full alcantara seats... Oh my...

23. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    From what Ive gathered thus far you cannot get the glossy CF on the upper dashboard. It has to do the the sun reflection on the top dash and creating visibility issues for the driver. The only way I thought to remedy this is to "perhaps" add a color to the CF matte finish to help spruce it up. I only like the blue CF in matte finish and that will impact how I design the rest of the interior IF I go that route.

24. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You could specify something other than CF in those upper reflective areas. How about more alcantara?

I believe on the 599 GTO you could order the dash in normal CF finish and same for the TDF.

I also never like the exterior matte parts. I think they are normal clear coat on the exterior of the TDF.

25. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thanks ! can't wait to see your build !

I'm glad I'm not the only one to dislike it.

There is a GTO in Germany with all the exterior carbon in Brown color.

Brown carbon 599 GTO in Monaco - Track and Tuner

Look closely at the CF (Ext & Int)
    It shows the level of personalization Ferrari can offer on CF finish