Wild Life | FerrariChat

Wild Life

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Rapalyea, Jul 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Hit a very large doe on this evenings drive. I noticed color and movement in my far right peripheral vision and knew exactly what to do at 60 mph. Get on the brakes hard and wait. In this case this giant doe galloped straight out in front of me with just enough room for me to dodge a foot right towards the edge of the road. NEVER LEAVE THE ROAD. Hit her left rear hoof hard, but did not see her go down. One quarter second from Venison Tartar.

I quess it is reverse Karma. A few days ago on my mornings drive saw very nice red fox. First red fox I have seen. While basking in my fortuitude a very large fluffy Black Bear loped across the road a safe distance. The bears are smarter then deer and seldom get hit. Everyone around here sees the bears but me. And this was a really good one.

That's my story and I'm stick'n to it. I just do not want an entire flock of turkeys or wild pigs to show up. And the local Diamond Back Rattle snakes are not a problem. One of them wondered onto to the firing range a few years ago and someone killed it and left it on the side. I cut off its rattle and super glued it to my hat.

2. westyguy

westyguy Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    Huntsville, TX
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Glad it worked out. I hit a deer in April doing about $15 mph. Ended up replacing the right font fender, headlight assembly, and valence panel and repairing the door and spoiler. Not a pleasant occurence.
    Steve

3. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #3 Valenzo, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Yeah, been there done that. My favorites are the Giraffes though. On the drive from Nairobi to Arusha we came across a fresh dead one at the side of the road. Damn they can get large. Hoof marks a foot in diameter. And even though it may have been bloated up some. Still. I could hardly see over its body.