Wikipedia on Ferrari Mondial | FerrariChat

Wikipedia on Ferrari Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by robbio99, Aug 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_Mondial

Note the reference to Nicole Brown Simpson's white Mondial. I doubt it was one of only two white Mondials as suggested.(that's Wikipedia for you) Does anyone know the year of her Mondial?

2. Mark 328

Mark 328 Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Orange, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark Foley
  3. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    #3 mike996, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
    Anybody can say anything they want and post it on wiki. I have seen some of the most absurd things on subjects that I am (was) a professional "expert" on. I don't trust ONE SINGLE WORD I read on wiki because I assume that since I KNOW certain material is incorrect and largely self-serving or people doing the "I want to be 'published' " thing, I can't be sure if what I'm reading is true.

It's sad and, essentially useless for that reason. Sure, I can point to articles that are excellent but since I can also point to those that are factually in error, I have to assume that if I read an article on a subject that I know nothing about, it has a pretty good chance of being wrong.

4. viper_driver

viper_driver Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2009
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Mike, you sound like my Masters' professors. Every term they get all mad about people using Wikipedia as sources. I still use it but cite the stuff at the bottom rather than Wikipedia itself to avoid the wrath. I'm sure you're right, that some stuff is wrong, but it sure is easy to get information there.
    JASON

5. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael

I thought her white Mondial cabriolet (Nicole had a Mondi OJ had a Testa) to be a "t" so that would place the model year from 1989-1993.

6. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
  7. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
  8. FamilyCar

FamilyCar Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Peter Goodall
    Funny, I looked at a white on white Mondial QV cabriolet before buying my 3.2. I think it was an '85, and was located near Bellingham, Wa. I really, really doubt only two were made in that combination. Maybe I missed a great deal....

9. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    lot more than two.

10. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    +1

Wiki may be 95% accurate, but if you use Wiki to settle a bet, that last 5% can hurt you.

Or you can edit Wiki yourself and win your bet!!

11. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    There's proof right there that white is salesproof!

12. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I don't remember the model of F-car she had, but saw a picture of it on a flatbed shortly after her murder; the license plate is what I never forgot: 2L84AD8 - "to late for a date"...