Wiesmann GT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wiesmann GT

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by DavkeG, Jan 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JEBES

JEBES Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Växjö, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jonas
    Well i was out today in a rainy sweden and drive the wiesmann... My first impresion was the sound... It is amazing. It's sound was a great mix of harly davidson and ferrari in some sort. Hard to descrive it. The feeling in the car was exotic. Very exotic. Everything in leather and so. The engine was great. Hard to say how fast the car is... It was raining and i couldnt use full throtle when i accelerate hard. Think it is some between the ferrari 355 and the 360. Just a guess. The breke were really good. It was breakes from bmw 6 serier but modified. the engine was an bmw v8 witch about 330hp.
    The sterring feels very responsive... But it had a big turnradie. Little bit hard to find the rear gear in the gearbox. It was a 6 speed manuel in the testcar.

But it was an impresive car... I love Ferrari and have done for all my life but it is hard for me if i will take a Ferrari or the wiesmann.

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
  3. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #28 Jason W, Apr 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Cool ! Keep us posted on dry weather impressions.
    The convertable reminds me of an MGA. The coupe has the tear drop Talbot-Lago (sp?) look.
    I wonder if the is the Bruce Weisman from the racing Transaxle fame.

5. JEBES

JEBES Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Växjö, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jonas
    I was invited to drive the wiesmann by vonbraun sportscar... The boss for wiesmann was there witch one coupe witch i drive and a roadster that i not was able to drive. I had quite loq expectations on the car when i wake up that morning. It looks really great but is'nt that fast on the papper but in person it looks even more exotic. There interor is almost that exotic like pagani. Everything feels so right. The only thing that worry me is the aerodynamik... I floor the car to about 130-140mph and it start to feel really light in the front. I hope i will be able to drive the in better condition one day.

6. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Thats gorgeous! Thanks for the new wallpaper.

7. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Front end definately looks like a C-Type Jag. And that, as they say, is a Good Thing. Rear looks influenced by the MGA and Chrysler Crossfire, with a little bit of Morgan sprinkled in.

I like it!

8. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Roadster came out pre-Crossfire, so I think it's the other way around.