Widebody GT3 in Charlotte (pics) | FerrariChat

Widebody GT3 in Charlotte (pics)

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Viper01GTS, Oct 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Viper01GTS

Viper01GTS Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    SC
    #1 Viper01GTS, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Very nice!

3. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Dude that is sweet!!!! Thanks for sharing the pic Steve.

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
  5. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Very cool! Not sure if it's actually a Cup car, but it does have some of it's bits it appears. Maybe Gemballa side skirts.

Definitely need to find out who that is.

6. mtense

mtense Karting

Nov 20, 2006
    Hickory, NC
    Full Name:
    Trey Ely
    It looks like a pretty heavily modified GT3 to me. Those side skirts almost look identical to those on the Gemballa GT 3.8, and that's definitely a GT3 Cup wing. Interesting choice of parts for sure.

7. naroescape

naroescape Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob Saville
    The car is owned by Charlie Williams, a senior guy at BofA. It's actually just a stock GT3 that he bought, took to the track, and damaged the first week he owned it ...not sure who was driving. So, instead of just fixing it, he had a kind of RSR style look done to it. In person, it is VERY mean looking.

Charlie has been known to do some cool mods to his Porsches. He prefers the 993 style hood, so he had an aero kit, 993 style hood, lowered, wider wheels, etc put on his previous 996 turbo.

He's had some very nice toys...

-Bob

8. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    On a remotely similar note, I had a black and orange 997 GT3RS pass me today in Raleigh. I love those cars. That gray one above is probably the best looking 997 that I've seen.

9. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Very cool! He needs to make it out to some events, I've never seen that machine.

10. Rooster-20

Rooster-20 Rookie

Dec 29, 2007
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Ross Rippy
    Charlie is a nice guy. The wing is actually from a Porsche cup car. He said it was like pulling teeth to purchase it from them. I may be wrong but I think he was telling me they widened the fender flares with M3 fenders. The car is superb.

11. GMP - Stephen

GMP - Stephen Rookie

Nov 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Stephen Klitzsch
    The car had M3 fenders added to widen the stance. The side skirts were indeed Gemballa that had to be modified to fit the wider rear fenders. Its amazing in person. The rear of the car is soooo wide. Here is a link to a close-up of the rear fender side shot. http://www.gmpperformance.com/CFJFiles/GMP/12117.jpg