Wichita Breakfast Meet | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Wichita Breakfast Meet

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Johnny Rockit, Feb 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Randy, I do see vipers in the pics;)

2. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It was great to see everyone.... Deon thanks for bringing one of the best looking cars around! Randy and Rob, great meeting you guys, I wish I had more time to chat with everyone but I was already running on 28 hours of no sleep....... and I was just about to think of checking in at the old town hotel. Klaus great to finally meet you and welcome to wichita.... hope to see you at the crescent classic. Doug love the ford...... did not see how clean it was tho! Thanks for the tip, will let you know when the time comes..... Great to see everyone and hope to meet up with you guys soon!

3. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Yes I know there are vipers there but I need mine gone because a Countach is my dream car

4. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    #104 deon.smith, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Scott thanks for the compliment. Guess where I took the E63 today. (Unfortunaley not very clear but you might make it out.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #105 speedypinoy, Feb 22, 2009
    Getting the e63 some excercise I presume! Here's a pic someone took at Hallet last fall.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    #106 deon.smith, Feb 22, 2009
  7. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Brian,

These pictures inspired me so much that I had to go to Eureka Springs today.
    I took the AMG out and what a blast the twisties were. The E63 handled incredibly well.

Next time it will be in the LP640 or the Gallardo.

Deon.

8. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    How long did it take to get to Eureka Springs from Bartlesville?

9. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I took it fairly casual and was there in 2 hours 15 minutes (Only hit 150 twice overtaking a train of cars ahead of me). If I step on it I can make it easily in 2 hours.

10. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    #110 countlamb, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
    How does that car feel at 150 is it stable. And my wife has been ready some of your post and she wants to no if you ever
    stay home

11. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    #111 deon.smith, Feb 22, 2009
    In Sport 2 for the suspension...Great. (I am also lead to believe it lowers itself over 75. It does have a fixed lip spoiler that helps some but with it being front engined I can't say I felt any lift.
    Keep in mind winds were very light. I once had it at 170 (different time) with no wind to speak of and it was pretty solid. It does not have the sound of the Gallardo at these speeds.

About staying home. Now that I have retired it was my wife's idea for me to go check Eureka Springs out. She now already has a picnic planned for us in the Gallardo in the spring at Eureka. We will drive down early in the morning have lunch and she will shop. Good thing the trunk on the Gallardo is small.

12. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Now Deon your my idol! Retired, spending time looking for great drives, and an LP640 on the way! What more can one ask for....... Hope to meet up with you guys at crescent this year!

13. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #113 speedypinoy, Feb 22, 2009
    That was just an impromtu ride...... we really did not do official timed laps. Brian, his brother in law and dad, Jon and Darell and myself just rented the track for the day. We had a blast and it was great running around with people you know on the track, and not some driver driving nuts around the track tail gating or driving way past their skills. We should meet up on a track day this summer!

Deon, is that your carrera gt in the back too?

14. bjhunt1975

bjhunt1975 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    I know, or know of, all the cars that were attending Saturday except the black 355. Who's was that?

BJ

15. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Good catch on the CGT. That was (now sold) a friend's car.

16. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    #116 countlamb, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
    Yes I will agree you have the prefect life. You to go any where you like in great cars and try out fun roads.

17. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Great for you! Next time, give me a call and I can give you directions to some roads that are simply amazing...some roads you will get tired sawing the steering wheel back and forth....although I am sure you found plenty to enjoy.

Brian

18. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr

You can go 172 miles in two hours to Eureka? You are going from Bartlesville to Eureka? by airplane, not by car.... impossible to average 86 miles an hour over the roads to Eureka, while it is not possible, it would be fun trying!

19. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Its only a 119 miles and map quest says it takes 2hr 24min so he could make it in 2 hours by car easy

20. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Was the brother of Ian which had the Murci there

21. bjhunt1975

bjhunt1975 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Another Dopps...I think I've seen that black 355 around as well. There are a few more in town, as well as a 599 and a 612. Multiple 308s. I believe there's a dino 246 running around.

Thanks Randy,
    BJ

22. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    That is my cousin, Rory, that has the black 355.

23. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Sorry I thought he was your brother.

24. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    The route I took was only 155.15 miles. You gain average before you get there.

25. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Well that is fast! You need to come to Crescent Classic in Eureka Springs on September 10 through the 13th.... www.crescentclassic.com

My dad grew up in Bartlesville, across the street and down two doors from the Phillips, but that was a long time ago... my dad was born in 1912.

I spent about 22 years in Tulsa, about 10 years in Arkansas so I know the roads a bit, you had fun on that drive!

Look forward to meeting you at Crescent Classic!

Chris Parr
    913 271 4427