Wichita Breakfast Meet | FerrariChat

Wichita Breakfast Meet

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Johnny Rockit, Feb 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit Karting

May 10, 2008
    Breakfast gathering at Eggcetera in Old Town at 9:00 on Saturday the 21st of Feb. If you don't drive your "baby" no worries...Just hangin out with friends doing what we do best. Talking cars ..Please post up if your coming.
    See you guys Soon,
    Jon

Link below

http://www.eggceterawichita.com

2. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Let me see whats going on later this week and will let you know

3. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    I am in. See you Saturday.

Brian

4. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    I will be there.

5. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    I may try to make it as well, see if the weather will be nice enough to take the Vette out for a cruise. Maybe Randy will drive the Viper if he gets outta bed in time...

6. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    It looks like its going to be sunny with highs around 40 degrees.

7. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    In case you guys don't remember me I was the big guy at the Ark city car show with Randy and I will be coming to since Randy twisted my arm! LOL!!

8. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I wonder if we can park our cars out front, or if we will have to park in the small lot away from the place? Thought it would be cool to line the street.

9. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Coming off OB call at 7, will see how much sleep I can get at work. Good question about parking......never been there, Jon your the instigator, can you call to see if we could park along the street? It would be a great photo op ;)

10. Darell

Darell Rookie

Jun 28, 2007
    myself and little "D" will be arriving via ten speed pulling me on my roller blades after our work out with "Rex Kown Do" John did you ever get your Tupperware sets sold last summer? Later back to work on my bow staff skills.

Darell

11. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Whats everyone planning on driving? It's supposed to be in the 40's and sunny so far, I am driving my vette out.

12. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Most likely the viper unless I get it sold then it will be the 350 unless I get it sold to then it would be the jag unless I sell it also. And if that happens I will ride with you Robert.

13. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    #13 NSXER, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If that happens, the next breakfast you will be driving a black Countach! :)

Brian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    If I go with my murcielago, I wont be able to stay too long. I wonder if we would get in trouble if we all just parked out front? I know the owner has a thing for cars.

15. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    TRUE TRUE and that would be awsome we would be having many more breakfast (NICE DAYS ONLY)
    So Brian have you decided which one of your fantastic cars you will be driving. It really doesnt matter because they all
    are great cars.

16. bjhunt1975

bjhunt1975 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Brian,

Is that your black lambo as well that's picture with the 400 above? I hadn't seen her in running condition if it is.

Probably not making it fellas. Some sorely needed family time coming my way Saturday starting with sausage, waffles (and coffee for daddy)

BJ

17. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    If we can't park out front I probably will pitch in the AMG E63 but still do not want door dings, Otherwise it could be the 996, Gallardo or the Cayenne Turbo up front.

Also Wichita meet is so far away that I have to leave at 06:h00. Maybe I will not make it but hope you guys have fun.

18. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    I`m leaving around 7 a.m. so if you decide to go let me know and you can fallow me and my buddy up there. And hopefully there will be good parking because none of us want door dings.

19. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Do you guys want me to call and find out if we can park out front? I have nothing better to do tomorrow anyway and if I get a good number of people who are gonna show maybe I can call in a reserve as well.... Let me know..

20. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Ok I went ahead and called this mornin and spoke with a manager, they said they really don't take reservations but around 9 am we should be no problem with our meet. As far as the parking situation he said there is a parking garage 100 yards across the street and a Marriot with open parking but he never really said anything about parking out front as I asked a couple of times during our conversation so I think we will have to check it out when we get there but he said they are not a high crime area. I told him we had alot of high end cars that we were worried about damage with other cars parking next to us, he said that shouldn't be a problem and they would love to have us.

21. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Yes, it it the 5000S. You might be thinking about the black 400S that I have also. The black 400S still needs restored.

Brian

22. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I am not worried about crime or anything. I thought it would be nice to park them in line down the road. The owner does it, why not us? As small as the place is, I just thought it would be better deal to park were we could look at cars while we eat, or hang out by them until they have tables ready. Otherwise, we will be parking pretty far away. The garage is probably 1000' away.

I know we could park along 2nd street (along the face of the pump house). Just depends on the number of people.

23. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean

Yea thats cool, I told him I didn't know the layout of the place so I figured we'd just check it out, he acted like they wouldn't be that busy around 9 anyway, I just thought I'd give them a holler and see what was up and what we could do. The manager was very nice and just basically told me that the crime was not an issue there because I told him I wasn't from Wichita, but I bet we can park on the road there, who has been here before? I never heard of the place but the directions from where I live are really simple just off 400 hwy and the Washington Ave exit. Looks like a really nice place I might have to take the wife to sometime............

24. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    It is a nice place, but very small. It is on one of the central roads in old town. I bet nobody would say a thing if we parked there. People do it all the time. It is next to the pump house, club liquid, and directly next to "club fusion", the place to get shot at.

At 9 in the morning, it is not busy. At about 9:30-45, it gets busy. At 10, a couple would have to wait awhile.

25. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean

Cool it sounds like we should be good to go then, I'm definitly ready to go on the road trip there and I'll bring my camera so we can have pics of the meet......