Why??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why???

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Labman, Mar 5, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLT2DRIVE

BLT2DRIVE Karting

Nov 3, 2008
    Holmby Hills,Calif.
    Full Name:
    Todd Varble
    #26 BLT2DRIVE, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No... It's brand new... It's fiberglass... No "I JUST BUILT IT"... It's all art, fake , for laughs with attitude... NO... IT REALLY IS BRAND NEW... Then they go on about the guy whom had it in the fifties... How they'd seen it back in the day... Lambo guy explaining to his girl about the people 20 deep to check it out @ Crystal Cove... ignoring his dealer fresh car... "It's a historic barn find"... Yep tell them straight up and they honestly will not believe you.... so Imagine the POC Ferrari replica to that same group "of car guys" (question "Car Guy" because they drive a $200,000 car????) So yah... the 90 % rule of thumb might be pretty close...sad but true... :/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BLT2DRIVE

BLT2DRIVE Karting

Nov 3, 2008
    Holmby Hills,Calif.
    Full Name:
    Todd Varble
    #27 BLT2DRIVE, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. BLT2DRIVE

BLT2DRIVE Karting

Nov 3, 2008
    Holmby Hills,Calif.
    Full Name:
    Todd Varble
    Reason for my rambling post Jerry.... 99%... but you'd be amazed at the car guys at functions,cruises, events or even SEMA with some of the ridiculous quotes, answers and question they come up with reguarding whatever it is in they're line of sight at that moment....LOL!!

4. redhammer

redhammer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2011
    I know most members here don't care much about replicas, and in most cases with every right as most of them do look horrible. I personally own a diablo replica, I never claimed to anyone it's real. I love the car not because I get to drive around looking like a celebrity. It's a piece of art to me and many times I find myself just walking around it in the garage and/ or just sit on the side stare at it and enjoy the view. I prefer to wake up early on a Saturday morning and take it for a ride when there is not much traffic.
    I know that for 50-60k you can purchase a very nice used corvette, porsche or cl65 that will outperform most cars on the road, they are all amazing cars, I have owned few, but they are not jaw droppers. My car is a replica but it still leaves me speechless every time I look at it.
    I personally could not keep up with the maintenance of a real diablo, I am also not a car collector and love to drive my cars. Lamborghini was a dream car to me since I can remember, fighting with my brother over a poster we found in a magazine which wall is gonna go on, mine or his side.
    I know some members get really upset when the word replica/kit car is mentioned but I believe that passion is the same and if a hand built car is done right I think it could look and perform like a real exotic.

5. Extreme

Extreme F1 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Full Name:
    Erick
    I feel the very same way about my 355 F1GTS

6. redhammer

redhammer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2011
    #31 redhammer, Apr 4, 2012