Why you should wear seatbelts | FerrariChat

Why you should wear seatbelts

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ylshih, Oct 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
  2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I always buckle up. First thing I do.

That's a sad story.

3. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    +1 Sad story :( Poor dude

4. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I find it uncomfortable and weird to not wear a seat belt. I remember hating to wear one when I was younger, but my mom always made me. I am glad she did.

It is a sad story, but it is good to hear that no one else was hurt.

5. NoFerrari

NoFerrari Karting

Nov 24, 2004
    Oakland,Ca/LA
    Full Name:
    Benny
    Brutal article. I myself always wear a seatbelt because even though I drive safe the idiot next to me might not. (who am i kiddin I'm a speed demon)

6. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    The kid had a real bad day. To get killed by your own car must happen as often as lightning striking a person.

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Actually, it might have been the impact with the building after being ejected from the car that killed him, but that is not as catchy of a headline...

8. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    +1, I feel liked I'm going out in public without clothes on if I don't have my seatbelt on.

9. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Not as odd as you might think. People die from their own cars rolling over on them after ejection more than you'd think.

Way back when, in another life I responded to an accident in my small town. Young girl, not old enough to drive, maybe 11 or so had gotten in a nasty fight with her mother and decided she was going to run away from home. She grabbed keys to the family sedan and took off down the road sans seatbelt. It was a long dirt road with lots of loose gravel and she made it to the first turn. Car slid, hit ditch and rolled over, ejected girl, car then rolled over her, sparing her neck and head from injury. When we got there, the car had come to rest about 10 feet away and she was taking very shallow breaths. From a distance she looked unscathed, not even a cut on her face, but getting closer you could see the blood on her teeth. You could see the terror in her eyes and hear it in her voice as she slowly and calmly repeated, "am I going to die? I don't want to die." Paramedics did what they could, but her internal organs had been squashed. She died right there on that beautiful sunny afternoon laying on the grass.

I've been a believer in seatbelts ever since.

10. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    That story doesn't have a happy ending. What a shame.