355 - why was this thread closed? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 why was this thread closed?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ttforcefed, Oct 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Gah. Not the point at all.

@rob lay combined all of these back in 2014 and the details just disappeared. Many of us complained about it then.
    Primarily because...as you note posts die in a sticky...getting two layers deep in a sticky is a death sentence...and there are car saving details in there that many here have no idea they exist.

DIY stuff is the heartbeat if the 355 section and it is de-prioritized each time a mod shows up.

I'll PM later about it, but the priority here isn't pictures...it's keeping these cars running.

2. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    In fact....to understand it better....

Put your Photos thread into the master sticky thread where it belongs and see how that works for you.

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I've been around pretty long in the 308 and 355 section. The only sticky thread that I have found remotely useful is the parts cross reference. Some of the references are incorrect. For correct parts I madea file with parts references I keep on my PC. If I see a thread I think might be useful to me in the future I print it to a PDF file. Most engine bay parts: sensors, MAFs, coils, etc. have Bosch part #s and are easily found on line.

4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    For a winter project, I will be revising the sticky threads to include a DIY thread for 348 / 355 and parts thread. The titles will be more search friendly as well.

This will be set up like the excellent resource in the 3x8 section. It’s been a while since I owned my 328 but always enjoyed that sections resourced links.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/interesting-3x8-technical-diy-threads.281516/

So stay tuned for good things in our section. I will look forward to active participation from the group on adding your favorite thread links so we can have a very thorough place to go to find anything owners need to successfully work on their cars.

Robb

QSA and jimmym like this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    It will be joyous to have exhaust threads consolidated, header ones etc!!

jimmym and Robb like this.
  6. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Perfect.

Robb

7. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    WOW! The new Sticky section if first class!

That is some awesome work Robb. A+

Thank you!

ttforcefed and Robb like this.
  8. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    ROTFLMAO !!!!

Its like 90 degrees all winter :)