Why SHOULD MS Retire? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why SHOULD MS Retire?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by SRT Mike, Sep 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I don't think its time for retirement i believe he should move on to another type of racing like Lemans or sportscar GT. He's still young in the world of racing.

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    When is the last time having two (alleged) TOP-RATE drivers on the same team led to good results, and not internal politicking, bickering and accusations ?

If I am MS, I want to concentrate 100% on my opponent on the other
    team(s) - not my own teammate. (see Senna-Prost).

3. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Q: When should MS retire?

A: When MS decies he's had enough.

4. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I think MS has proven everything he set out to prove, and should move on to the ELMS and LeMans. Maybe he could even entice Ferrari to build sports cars for the prototype class!!!

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

why would u assume so? did he publicly say that he didn't want kimi as his future teammate? i'm dying to see that partnership happens, but on the logic side, MS should be there 1 more season at least to groom young felipe. it would be a no brainer if felipe was pushed to the 3rd driver seat after some outstanding races he had this season, the team needs to build on that performace, and the team needs who else besides MS to be there in this particular period.

i think MS is still fast, still has quick reflexes, still have that fitness and has everything he needs to be a champion. i only see MS retiring when he sees is he had enough, or if he opts to spend time with his young family. remember that both mick and gina-maria are still little kids.

6. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Anything Michael wanted to "prove" was proven years ago. I don't think his being in F1 has anything to do with proving anything. I don't think he is an insecure man who needs the approval of others. He is a man who truly loves what he does and doesn't want to do something else.

The "he's proven himself enough" is, IMO, a slightly changed version of the "why doesn't he give someone else a chance, he's always winning" complaint and IMO that holds no water, because asking a competitor not to compete is like asking a fish not to swim. It's just what they are born to do.

7. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I like the sound of Ferrari building for the prototype class.

8. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    a) We know this.
    b) He hasn't raced against a decent teammate in years.
    c) Getting beaten isn't a good reason for a normal driver to quit F1. Schumacher isn't normal by any sense of the word.

9. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Bingo!

It's not that people think he should retire. It's that the fiddling around about contract renewals seem to indicate that he's thinking about it.

For his own reasons -- whatever they may be.

Maybe he wants to focus on keeping his son from becoming another JV. :p

Or maybe doing this ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c-A_S48Zug) made the "cube life" look appealing. :D

10. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    Checkmate? Checkmate? LOL!!!

The ONLY reason Schumacher has those records is because Senna died in 1994. Had he lived, the records he would have set would have been unfathomable. Schumacher would likely have NEVER won a world championship with Senna driving a Williams. Senna joined Williams just as that team was taking off on another period of domination. If Hill and JV could beat Schumacher in that Williams, what do you think Senna would have done? Schumacher would have NEVER gotten the Ferrari drive, nor would he have ever beaten Senna in a Williams. To argue otherwise displays a staggering level of delusion.

Like it or not, MS's records all come with one big, ****ing asterisk.

That, my friend, is checkmate.

11. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    IF BUT IF BUT

IF Senna had lived... If cows could fly... IF Minardi could win races!

F1 is real racing... if you like fake made up story lines go watch the WWF!

The FACT is that Michael has more wins than Senna!

Michael Schumacher is the greatest racer ever. He is 7 time world champion.

The FACT is that you are wrong as usual!

12. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    oh boy....here we go again...

13. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    And what about the time when he jeopordized his own future by joining Ferrari?

14. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    This thread ends here... great answer!

15. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #40 bernardo66, Sep 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    Since that idiot imperial is on my ignore list, I can only assume what kind of moronic statement he has made this time.

On second thought, I don't really give a **** what he has to say. I find my 2 year old makes more sense than that Schumacher sycophant..

17. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    You are a parent... poor kid... I hope you teach the kid FACTS!

18. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

LoL...

19. ITAspeed03

ITAspeed03 Karting

May 18, 2006
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think the Schumi should do whatever the hell he wants too, its his career, its his decision along with Scuderia's. People hassle him for what reason, to see him gone?, I would love to see him and Alonso go at it every year it doesn't get old. And twk I'm sorry but you are entierely wrong, you cannot say Schumi wasn't half the racer everyone thinks he his, one how can you criticize, can you go out there and win seven world championships, let alone one race?, No. So please save yourself getting poked fun at, you honestly cannot say he isn't the greatest ever, he has been questionable at some times, but hes raced and raced, and whatever decision is made it is the best one for him, not anyone else.

20. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    Anyone who thinks MS is the greatest driver ever has either a poor knowledge of F1 history or a great sense of humor. He is not even in the top 3, Ayrton Senna, Jimmy Clark, and Juan Manuel Fangio.

Don't bother citing statistics either. He doesn't approach Fangio in terms of wins or championships. Fangio won 24 races and 5 titles in just 50-odd races.

You can argue all you want that MS is ONE of the greatest drivers of all time, that I will give you. But to say he is unequivocably the best ever is ridiculous.

21. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I actually put MS behind Prost in my personal ratings but that's just me. Prost made way less mistakes and was generally cleaner. MS is 5th in my book

22. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I didn't start watching F1 until 1998, so I do not know much about Senna, Prost, Mansell and Piquet. But from seeing the 94 season, when Senna died, wasn't Schumacher the guy to beat. Senna was at Williams, which was the best team and Micheal at Benneton. Micheal still beat Senna the first couple of races. Didn't Micheal also compete against Senna and beat him prior to 94? So I am confused about when some are you saying that Micheal is no where near the racer Senna, Prost and Mansell were. Micheal has only been with two teams and when he joined the teams they were not at the top. Micheal simply turn them around and started winning. Wasn't Prost at Ferrari for a season, did he win a championship for them? If Micheal is half the racer that Prost is, then how did Micheal win 5 championships for them and Prost could not win one? Micheal is the best in my book. I am sure Micheal would have still won 7 world championship, if Senna was still around.

23. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Where's Impy? ;)

24. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

The Benneton in 94 was using illegal tracion control. MS got banned for two races because of it. Had Senna not died and it had been he not Hill fighting MS for the title Senna likely would have won. MS did compete against Senna in 92 and 93 and in 93 with the same engine. In 93 Senna won 5 times compared to MS's one and MS was one of the guys passed on the first lap at Donnington park. Not exactly beating Senna hand to hand. Prost was only with the team two years and almost won in 90. it took MS 5 years to win a title with Ferrari. If he was so much better than Prost then he should have won it quicker no?

25. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Yeah, but didn't he almost win the championship in 97 for Ferrari? His first year with Ferrari was 96 and still won races with a crappy car. He screwed up in 97 by taking out Villenueve on purpose at Jerez. 98 again would of won if he did not stall on the grid at Suzuka and also if he did not blow his rear tire by pushing to hard. We all knew what happened in 99 when he broke his leg at Silverstone. I know he did some stupid things in his first couple years with Ferrari, but didn't Prost do the same thing at Suzuka by taking out Senna in the first corner. I guess he was returning a favor to his former teammate.