Why no TV Cars anymore? | FerrariChat

Why no TV Cars anymore?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Teenferrarifan, Feb 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    With the crazy weather in Philly this winter, I have found myself watching more TV shows then usual. As such, I started catching some old Magnum PI and Miami Vice episodes to pass time. It got me thinking that today's TV doesn't really have cars that have a roll. The TR or 308 were just as much a character in Magnum and Miami Vice like Selleck or Johnson, I'm sure someone with much more knowledge then me will then rattle off a number of other 80's vehicles like the A-team van, etc.

What happened to the TV Car concept and will it ever return? It must have been pretty cool to grow up in the 80's with a 308 and TR on twice a week!

Erik

2. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Agent Coulson on ABC's Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. has a '62 Corvette named Lola that hovers and flies, similar to the Back To The Future Delorean...

3. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    TV has definitely gone in the toilet. All the stupid "reality" shows and severe lack of any quality programming is why I canceled my cable. The automotive enthusiast viewing demographic must be getting quite small and it's not worth pursuing by the networks anymore. The next star car in a TV series will probably just be a Prius or something stupid like that.