Why no love for the Mondial? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Why no love for the Mondial?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Dizengoff, Dec 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. docmirror

docmirror Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Ft Worth TX
    The hilarious thing about the Clarkson vid is that he orgasms over the 355. No disrespect to our 355 cousins but it's gotten a rather sordid rep. Wonder how many times his has had the engine out for some valve, or cam, or seal problem?

All in all, I'd rather have a Mondial.

2. F-car

F-car Karting

Feb 25, 2009
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    CK
    +2 :D

3. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It seems that every Ferrari has its problems. I really like the styling of the 348 and have considered it as my next Ferrari but I keep hearing horror stories about the early models and that the later ones were sorted out, especially the GTS and GTB versions which i dont think were sold in the US?

Then i speak to Ferrari and they say stay away from 348 and go for the 355, one of the best models they ever built! But what a price difference!

Who do you believe!!! Everyone has a different opinion but in my case I cant afford these huge running and repair costs which scares me somewhat. Hell, i just spent $9,000 in 16 months on the Mondial.

I wouldnt go by much of what Clarkson says. He hates Porsches and 911s especially. What does that tell you:)

4. mjbcswitzerland

mjbcswitzerland Karting

Jan 8, 2008
    #104 mjbcswitzerland, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

Although Clarkson is an entertainer he has huge influence on the opinions of millions of people. But most of those are couch-potatoes so it is not that important...

Now this is most certainly also a repost, and not the Mondial, but the other "terrible" Ferrari, about the 348. But it is interesting that at the time Clarkson had really nothing negative to say about it. He also did buy his own 355 and said it was the best car that he had ever driven and would never part with it. But time changes things and I can't imagine he would be seen dead in them today and could slag off every little detail since a comparison with a modern car will also make for a good joke.
    Theoretically, a comparison of a 250GTO with most modern cars could be turned into a laughing stock too. For $25 Million you don't even get 300BHP... but thinking people would understand that comparisons are not so simple as that so best to enjoy what makes you happy and ignore the ignorant ;-)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p76qrj9EOw]Old Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson Ferrari 348 - YouTube[/ame]

Regards

Mark

5. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Up here in the North Georgia Mountains I no longer take my 1986 Prugna Coupe through the local Burger King drive-through. Why? I did it twice after dark and was lucky not to have been dragged bodily out of the thing by teen age girls. The drive-through has two stops, one to pay and one to collect the order. The girl at the first window openly was hinting at a $20 tip the first time. The next time she fondled my hand in such a way as to make me blush. I would pay $200 in Vegas and count myself lucky.

The second chick simply asked "How much do they cost these days..." with a sultry smile. I said we "We are not not permitted to say..." at which time she leaned over and whispered "Your so bad...." In the background I could hear them speculating on my age. The number thirty seemed to have been the consensus. Any car that can take 35 years off my actual age is worth way more then what I paid. And talk about scary? In a drunken dream I might fantasize about bikini clad babes with me on my nice pontoon boat in lake Chatuge. But I know full well that genetically speaking I am a frog, not a prince. More Is The Pitty.

6. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #106 soucorp, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    ROTFL

Post of the week! :) :) :)

8. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    +1000 :):):)

Cheers, Hank

9. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Sounds like I need to hit the BK in the evenings :D

10. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Glad to hear that you guys live in a better place... because, around these parts, I take my cue from Leo (Joe Pesci) (NSFW?)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRP8Tl4BsUQ]Leo and the Drive Thru - YouTube[/ame]

11. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Joe Pesci

Yeah, THATS the ticket. What a great YouTube clip. I don't know if two teenage bikini girls on my pontoon boat is my wildest fantasy or my worse nightmare. But I avoid the Burger King like it was from The Exorcist.