Why I love my car | FerrariChat

Why I love my car

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Temerian, Jul 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Recently I put on a pair of shoes that had been in the trunk of my 400iA. They hadn't been in there for more than a few hours and yet, months later they had that smell which I will call Eau De Maranello. You know, gasoline vapors, old leather and partially ignited exhaust fumes. The first time my wife rode in the car she asked if it was always going to smell so strongly of leather- I told that it would probably fade as the thing is only 38 years old right now. A friend of mine recently took a cross continent trip in his 330GTC and at the end of it was convinced that there must be a gas leak somewhere in the fuel system because his and his wife's clothes both smelled like gasoline. I asked him if he was getting less than 7.5 M.P.G. which is sort of like asking Donald Trump how many Mexican rapists have come over the border in the last year- no clue. Anyway, every time I walk past a shoe repair store or a gas station or am jogging across the Queensborough (sorry, Ed Koch) Bridge I am reminded of my car. Which, by the way, has a much better quality of life than me as she gets to live full time on the East End of Long Island.

2. MrKazimi

MrKazimi Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Dr. Mohammad
    Very impressive 👌🏼
    I really enjoyed reading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    My 400iA has that same characteristic smell of leather, gas and oil that permeates my clothes - my children always know when I've been driving it! "Daddy, have you been in the Ferrari?"

Aidan

4. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I had that same wonderful smell of gasoline in my car fifteen years ago. It turned out to be rotted out tank and fuel lines that were providing enough gasoline vapors to poison my blood, explode with enough force to take out a city block, and also assure that no-one would ride in the car. An explosion is immanent with even less fumes than you appear to have. Remember that gas in liquid form flames(burns),and gas in vapor flames explode.. Please don't park your car in your garage. I just hate to bare such dark information, so please attend this as of yesterday. Thank you. Jq.

5. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    OMG I'll start tomorrow