Why has this thread been closed please? | FerrariChat

Why has this thread been closed please?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Strange thread?? being a moderator on another site i know that a post can be edited without a time limit but i really cant see Andrew or Tom editing Steve's post in the way it was.

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well somebody did it unless you think that i did it ???????????

3. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    But only by a Moderator! There are strict time limits on editing by other users.

Also, the post shows that it's been edited in the last line if it's changed by the original poster!

Another user has already confirmed that the post has been altered!

More importantly, Steve has denied using the offensive language, so someone has edited his post to make him look bad, or Steve is lying, which is it???????????????

4. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

You can only change it within 1 minute without it showing, otherwise it will show as being edited at the next minute timewise

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    hmmmmm :confused:

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    These are the 3 people who can edit the post:
    wax
    andrewg
    stevef

These are the people's contentions regarding the offending word prior to closure of thread:
    wax didn't edit the post.
    andrewg didn't edit the post.
    stevef didn't create the post containing the word intact, nor edit the post to display it, thereafter.

As andrewg clearly stated at the bottom of the last post:
    That said - post-complaint - andrew edited each instance of the offending word, whether original or quoted, out of the thread.

The UK Moderators, andrewg and myself, wax - have both been transparent and straightforward regarding the line in the sand someone decidedly and unfunnily crossed. Neither of us acting alone or in interests of this site and it's membership have anything to gain from doing so.

Quite frankly, though I am certain he is stable in "real life." the preternaturally never boring but quite predictable internet prima donna persona of stevef needs to get on some sort of hormone therapy, as this sociologically - no - new word - socioillogically - no - bigger new word - sociopathillogically neither-gaining-nor-losing but quite divisive whinging about something or another is, it seems, a monthly occurence.

IF the log files cannot display the relevant who/what/when/where info, I won't reopen the thread, nor will I retitle it - but, I will cast an even warier eye on he who, once again, has cast the first stone from the glass house.

IF it can be shown that stevef created or edited the post to contain the offending term, I will personally reopen and retitle the thread as "stevef must hate us to do this," and I don't think I need to state why, if the preceding paragraph, let alone the proposed title were not clear enough.

Who us is, remains to be decided amongst yourselves here, there and everywhere.

7. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I know you like a laugh and a good war of words but if i am honest then i would have to say that NO i do not think you did it.

8. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Sorry that is what i meant, i can edit threads from months ago on the site where i am a mod.

9. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    That is a good point that i had not thought of.

10. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Is it possible that the word 'fcars' was automatically changed by the masking feature of vBulletin, in the same ways that words are sometimnes changed to ***** in which case nobody edited it as such. The mask for fcars does now appear to have been removed. Perhaps somebody has decided to undo their dirty work to try to cover this up?

11. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    The plot thickens!

12. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Facts:

You can edit your own post up to an hour from time of original post.

There is not a default display of "timestamps."

By way of example - in my own pre-mod days:
    Sometimes when I edited my own posts up to an hour later, timestamp was nowhere to be found.
    Sometimes when I edited within seconds, it'd display the timestamp.

Then as now, "Go figure."

13. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    So its blame the IT time now is it? This all smells :( .

14. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    You are right Ken, it just doesn't add up. If everything is logged, which it will be, why hasn't that revealed the answer? This does look like a cover up. I still think my theory about the fcars auto mask is a possibility.
    Can the mods please tell us when 'fcars' was removed from the banned word list?

15. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    I was at the Brighouse meet so was keeping an eye on the board in case the organiser (Andy) posted some pics or a link, which he did.

Steve's post originally said "fcars" and "club scuderia". 100% sure (apart from the spacing/lower case). And did so until at least the 4th of June, as mentioned in post #9 (I don't believe that the poster knows anyone here, or any other f site for that matter).

I don't know Steve personally (or anybody else here really) so have no vested interest, that's just what his post said at the time. Fact.

16. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    thanks chris somebody is just trying to save there own face on here it would be a lot easier just to own up as said on other posts it has to be one of 3 people

wax
    andrewg
    stevef
    enough people can prove it was not me by times dates and edits plus i woud have no reason to as i am going to the meet
    we need answers i am sure its easy to go into the settings and check grahams ex mod on here says its very easy to do

17. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Well these are the facts.

Steve originally posted fcars on June 1st. This was unchanged until at least June 4th, and has been independently verified by bobda and chrisx666.

It was therefore not automasked as I previously thought.

Fact - altering after the first minute adds on the "Edited by" text. I will change this after a couple of minutes to prove. This does not happen if a mod makes the edit 3 days later.

A non mod can only edit posts up to a very short time period. As this was changed after 3 days, this definitely means it was not Steve and had to be a mod, either

AndrewG
    Wax
    Rob Lay

Fact - posts have been edited on this site before by a Mod, quite recently - changing fcars url's to point to a baby site instead.

I understand that everything is logged, so why has the log not been posted? Coming on guys, just come clean and tell us the truth.

18. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Everything is logged, i logged in to the moderator control panel and copied my last few actions which i have pasted below, so it is very easy to prove innocence or guilt in this case.

Moderator Log
    18:53 4th june 2006 Fan512bbi banned a username ************ 195.93.21.1

16:47, 19th May 2006 Fan512bbi Thread merged with 'European cars.'. 195.93.21.1

16:48, 19th May 2006 Fan512bbi Thread Soft Deleted 195.93.21.5

16:49, 19th May 2006 Fan512bbi Thread Undeleted 195.93.21.1

16:49, 19th May 2006 Fan512bbi Thread edited. (visible: 0; open: 1; sticky: 0) 195.93.21.1

16:51, 19th May 2006 Fan512bbi Thread Soft Deleted 195.93.21.1

19. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    <Jack>The truth? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!</Jack>

Sorry, I was doing something important - Laundry - and lots of it.

They hate it when I show up to work naked.

You know why?

Because they're jealous.

Since I don't have access to log files, I dropped Rob a PM letting him know we're supposed to "just come clean and tell the truth."

20. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    I love the site dont agree with some of the politics but hey who does

You should know me by now after 10,000 posts i speak my mind dont hide behind other names if i think something i post it

Yes i dont care for andrewg but make it known told him on here a few times you could say i am a bit like rob lay say what i mean best way to be then everybody knows where they stand

If i met rob lay i would buy the man a drink we had a fallout so what it got sorted would really like to meet him

what i dont like is cowards and this is the way this post was changed by a coward hiding behind his powers feel really sorry for the chap who started this thread about a meet to get it closed by a faceless coward

imho fchat uk is very slow i dont use it much as i dont care for andrewg i think he uses it for personal gain promoting his ferrari maseratti buisness which i have said on numerious times

To put the record straight i have been in the motor trade for 25 years buying and selling cars dont make it common knowledge on here have helped a few out on here looking at cars for them but i never mix buisness with pleasure as it dont work as there is always problems

but i would really like to know who changed the word on the post and andrewg is looking guilty by the hour with his no comment on the situation if it was proved that it was done by somebody else i will be the first to say sorry on here to andrewg

21. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Until I've seen the log files there's not a great deal of comment to be made......although it has been around a month since Steve's last attention grabing fit, at least this sort of problem on Fchat can be aired in public unlike lesser sites where this would have been hidden in the "subscribed only" section

as for any claims of inactivity, the thread was altered and closed earlier today at the behest of a number of users, SteveF being one of them

22. Kam

Kam Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    London. UK
    Full Name:
    Kam Singh
    I'm assuming once the log files show who made the change a lifetime ban will be issued regardless of who it is?

Andrewg, I know you have a difference of opinion with SteveF but please do not use it as an oppertunity to start slagging of the other forum. A number of users access both an it can only be a good thing that more Ferrari based activity is going on around the net.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm not up to speed yet, but steve f posted something and it was edited to "retard"?

1) retard is not a censored word.

2) only way to edit the post would be steve f himself within 60 minutes or one of the UK mods or me.

What time did this edit happen? I can print out the log for that time. The June 1st log is only...

32032 andrewg 13:42, 2nd Jun 2006 Thread title (original 'Amazing boobies :D') changed Thread: [Amazing boobies :D NSFW]
    Forum: [Backroom Lounge (PG-13)] 81.5.161.65
    32033 andrewg 13:42, 2nd Jun 2006 Thread edited. (visible: 1; open: 1; sticky: 0) Thread: [Amazing boobies :D NSFW]
    Forum: [Backroom Lounge (PG-13)] 81.5.161.65
    32031 Tillman 13:20, 2nd Jun 2006 Thread Soft Deleted Thread: [FT Worth House With 2 Triple Garages]
    Forum: [Texas] 209.39.104.129
    32030 Ton Visser 12:52, 2nd Jun 2006 Closed Thread Thread: [Harmony performance products]
    Forum: [Europe] 84.194.80.13
    32029 Mike C 04:06, 2nd Jun 2006 Attachment Uploaded Forum: [Technical Q&A]
    Attachment: [dino.jpg] 68.62.180.80
    32028 Mike C 04:06, 2nd Jun 2006 Thread Soft Deleted Thread: [color coded wire]
    Forum: [Technical Q&A] 68.62.180.80
    32027 Mike C 03:13, 2nd Jun 2006 Post by Mike C Soft Deleted Thread: [Sales Brochure Question]
    Forum: [308/328/Mondial] 68.62.180.80
    32026 MarkPDX 19:02, 1st Jun 2006 Attachment Uploaded Forum: [Silver Subscribed Private Forum]
    Attachment: [romania.jpg] 68.1.251.61
    32025 Mike C 17:36, 1st Jun 2006 Attachment Uploaded Forum: [Technical Q&A] 68.62.180.80
    32024 Mike C 16:22, 1st Jun 2006 Attachment Uploaded Forum: [Technical Q&A]
    Attachment: [MVC-001S.JPG] 68.62.180.80
    32023 Tillman 16:04, 1st Jun 2006 Post by Tillman Soft Deleted Thread: [[FCA DFW] 3rd Annual Show at Boardwalk Ferrari & Maserati 6/3/2006...]
    Forum: [Texas] 209.39.104.129
    32022 sjmst 12:11, 1st Jun 2006 Post by ClydeM Soft Deleted Thread: [2006 Months ahead]
    Forum: [New York Tri-State] 198.138.48.11

24. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    Sorry but you got me wrong i am not an attention grabber you are the one who kept wanting to be a moderator on this site you asked a few times before you got the job as nobody else wanted it at the time