Why do we buy things with Ferrari on them? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why do we buy things with Ferrari on them?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Husker, Oct 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Well. There’s a range. I’ll say that the Ferrari as a brand is one of the most valuable and valued in the world. The only with an F1 VETO right.

Why wear Ferrari gear?
    1 F1. More common in Europe or ME than US.
    2 to identify with others who are like minded
    3 many people,not all on here, worked very hard to buy a Ferrari and most Don’t buy a new one or five every year. To them this car is more than a toy or a car- it is a dream fulfilled and warrants celebrating. Maybe they say it as a kid and always dreamed of ownership. Maybe this dream pushed them to achieving success that they might not otherwise have met. So to them it’s not about the car it’s and themselves.
    4 if my boy wears a hat and someone asks him if he has a Ferrari he doesn’t say no but
    My das has six- he says I will someday and I live them. Oh and I’ve been to the factory as a boy just like my dad.
    5 head to toe F gear - to each his her own. I don’t but I don’t judge or mock anyone for a Lakers Yankees ( maybe yankee) or ManU hats shirts gear. It’s bitchy and cruel.
    6 My father gave me a hat that we got at the factory in 1986. Before there was a Ferrari shop. Given to him to the General Manager Franchi. Do I wear it? Yes with pride. How did we get a tour back then- was it because he had countless Ferrari’s? No he wrote a letter that was answered as a single car owner - not even new.

Some live brands. Louis Vuitton Gucci whatever. Having grown up as others here with an avoidance of obvious branding I get
    My preference. But like everything I see what I have in common with those Ferraristi not that I am better than them for my fashion choices.

They create the desire and brand value that we are able to leverage to ownership and ownership cost, so we don’t have to.

Does one look down on the factory workers as a Factory owner ? Or understand how they create the value you reap ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Il Tifoso, Bcy288, papou and 8 others like this.
  2. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Why do people buy Ferrari logo'd goods? I think you pretty well covered it!

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I have tons of Ferrari Shirts and team jackets, hats. ... I wear them cause I like them. Not really that concerned what others really think. I also have Porsche, Bugatti, Pagani, Lotus, and lots of vintage F-1 team stuff... cause I like it. if others think its funny... glad to make them laugh.

papou, Brocco, dbdreams and 2 others like this.
  4. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I have purchased a few t-shirts, a couple of hoodie jackets and 4 watches since I bought my car 1.5 years ago.
    It is fun to collect these things and show our love for the marque.
    As much as I love having this stuff, I have worn a jacket only once when we went to the movie Ford v Ferrari.
    I have worn the watches many times as I don't think people see the branding.
    Keeping a low profile is kind of my nature (and not drawing too much attention to myself).

Regards,
    Gene Greer

ScottS likes this.
  5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I find that I wear a lot more of the Ferrari Club of America gear then regular Ferrari items. To me that represents more of a team or club feel then branded merchandise.

Nospinzone likes this.
  6. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Pretty much the same. Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, BMW, Mercedes, Ford Mustang, Ford Cortina and Mini (original). Currently most of the face masks I have are car related.

I used to say if I am in my ferrari then Ferrari gear CANNOT be worn. I don't much care now either way.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Why are Air Jordan clothes and shoes so popular? because he’s one of sports cult figures. Just like Ferrari. That’s why there’s also so many documentaries about both.

paulchua and Brocco like this.
  8. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    I am a car guy so I love to wear car t-shirts. I have Ferrari, Chevrolet, Corvette, Honda as well as motorcycle stuff as well. I don't really care what others think I just like what I like.

Funny thing is though most all of my Ferrari garb is actually very good quality stuff.

PS. I especially love my Ray Ban Ferrari sunglasses!

AandSC, tomc, MalcQV and 1 other person like this.
  9. Brocco

Brocco Rookie

Jul 23, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Darien Brocco
    Gucci and Louis Vuitton stand for nothing, and yet that is somehow acceptable to people..

Igor Ound likes this.
  10. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    Implied performance perhaps is the answer.

I could see a watch or pen, even a computer, labeled Ferrari has having superior performance.
    A T-shirt or shoes...not so much.

11. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    Tshirts, hats, and keychains are one thing. But what is it with Ferrari licensing their logo for random objects? I've seen soccer balls and scooters, many that end up at deep discount stores like Tuesday Morning or TJMaxx. Of course in the end it is all about the $ but it does seem to cheapen the brand.

Brocco and paulchua like this.
  12. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
  13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    All about brands. For the masses.
    If you don't have your own identity you want to decorate yourself with some other identity. It is pure psychology and clever marketing. And hey, it works and brings plenty of $$$$$.

Marcel Massini

Altoria F likes this.
  14. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I have a Jensen Healey hat, but I don't wear it.

15. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I don’t blame you. Who wants multiple oil leaks all over their head.

16. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Believe or not, mind doesn’t leak oil!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

For club events, I wear a Ferrari shirt - to stand out from the McLaren and Lamborghini groups that typically join us :cool:.

Seriously, since I'm involved in much of the coordination, it does give everyone a rallying point.

For the more varied car shows - it is a white linen suit, pastel T-shirt, white Italian loafers and shades - need I say more:D

Brocco, tomc and dbdreams like this.
  18. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    Sonny Crockett aka Sonny Burnett

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The only merch I have is what others buy for me as a gift. I don't wear them except a woven beanie that I wear around the house. I just pried the iron-on shield off the side of it. I like it because its warm and has the thin stripes of the flag around the bottom. People buy these items for owners but I think most owners never buy this stuff.

Boomhauer and Husker like this.
  20. raines

raines Karting

May 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    After reading several posts, I have concluded my own feelings toward wearing Ferrari logo apparel. I am fairly new to the C&C events scene and was at one recently with the only Ferrari there...and had my Ferrari hat on. After walking around the lot, I did feel uncomfortable. It wasn't the people there with their "pride & joys" that made me uncomfortable, it was the perception I imagined others having towards me. Will they think me as pompous and arrogant? Will they perceive me as a braggart? My intentions were true in that I took pride in my hard work to acquire my "dream car" just like anyone there, but because I want to represent Ferrari owners in a good light, these days I try and keep the attention away from me, and let the car speak for itself.

papou, Sammi and paulchua like this.
  21. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Most of the merch I have has been gifted to me. If I do wear something with the prancing horse I limit it to one item.

22. Brocco

Brocco Rookie

Jul 23, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Darien Brocco
    I have a trashed Ferrari t-shirt with a '57 Testarossa on it. Problem solved!

But seriously - why is it OK to wear booze and cigarette clothing? There is probably RoundUp weedkiller t-shirt being worn somewhere. People are just being petty.

Wear what makes you happy. PS Team could use a boost at the moment. Forza Charles!!!

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I genuinely believe that folks that believe Ferrari owners are pompous will think that way no matter what one does. To be fair, some owners are arrogant a$$es, but I think most of us are mature enough to know that this archetype is not limited to just exotic cars.

I've just met many amazing folks that love Chevrolet and idiots that love Ford. I know cool people that love Ford, and some jerks that love Honda. I also know great people that are Honda enthusiasts...etc.

Folks have to understand to judge each person after interacting with them. If you based your viewpoint only on the marque (or the hat a person is wearing) - well - that's cariscm...(yes I made that word up) - and you're shortchanging yourself and them.

:)

raines, Lusso123 and Sammi like this.
  24. Douglas Merriwether

Feb 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    FerrariGuy
    To me, it's no different than wearing Porsche, Lamborghini, Nike, Adidas, Polo, North Face, Barbour,(insert brand) clothing/gear. If you want to wear it, wear it. Don't care about what others think how you look. Some show their pride or their interest in being part of the club that way.

Lusso123, Nospinzone, Sammi and 2 others like this.
  25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have couple of Ferrari hats along with Porsche hats and corvette hats etc etc.... Also have a Ferrari leather coat most of the other Ferrari stuff I bought Tshirts etc do not fit because they make there stuff kinda small .........

paulchua likes this.