Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by daytona355, Dec 24, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Griping wont help. Its been this way forever. Do a meetup at the dealership or a car show. Local Ferrari Club does it as well. Make sure you bring clear title because leases don't count as ownership. Just kidding but really they shouldn't. You haven't really owned a Ferrari unless you've waved good buy to a bunch of 6 figures one way or another. :p

2. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lol
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Don’t go to the Australian section then.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    It's not that many non-owners are trolling/attacking owners - It's that those few who have such vitriol against owners are almost exclusively non-owners.

kes7u, daytona355 and anunakki like this.
  5. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Regret nothing my friend. The 968 is a very good car, and in my humble opinion a sexier design than the Mondial.

6. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    There are many threads about the Owner's designation and entrance into the Owner's Forum. You can also be verified by a sponsor of FC in lieu of the verification from multiple owners. For me, I bought my 458 at Ferrari of Denver. They sent a message to FC verifying my ownership. Quick, simple, Easy.

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    i was Rossa for years, but things happened as I said. I was happy to pay prior to all that, and in fact, toyed with the idea of a sponsorship of the forum to get my business established among the ferrarichat community worldwide, and again, the decision was made moot by events. As it stands, I am banned from posting in FREE areas of this site for being too vocal and loyal a tifosi.

that said, the rest of this site is extremely informative, and I’ve had many great conversations and even meetings with members, I’ve learnt a lot and I like to think some have benefited from knowing me/getting some help from me. I believe that we should in the main be supportive of genuine Ferrari enthusiasts and owners, rather than have to put up with negative comments and/or threads that are entirely designed to rile, annoy, upset, depress a great number of people. I’m pretty proud of my stats to be honest, I have at least one like for every two posts I’ve ever made, and bearing in mind I probably had 5000 posts prior to the ‘like’ system happening, I must be doing something right as that makes it 1:1, even if some don’t agree!

Nospinzone, kes7u, stavura and 2 others like this.
  8. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    OK, 4 pages in and has there been even a single example? Report these miscreants, and forum history says they will be dealt with appropriately. Otherwise this looks like a misplaced vendetta against non-owners, of which I am a part of.

Will I ever own a Ferrari? It looks like a negative at this point (unless Boxer prices take a quick tumble). But I enjoy discussing the brand and interacting with owners a great deal.

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Yeah, I have no vendetta against non-owners, and have helped out plenty of people that can’t get their own ferrari to enjoy driving or riding in mine (only a few months ago I picked up my new one, and let my brother in law drive it home and broadcast his drive on Facebook for his buddies). We have had plenty of people chime in and confirm that the trolling occurs, but most of us probably don’t have time to mess around reporting it (look a bit harder, by the way, and one thread has been discussed as an example)

10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    It takes less than a minute to report mis-behavior......and it seems to bother you alot, seems like something a good forum contributor would point out. Where is this thread? I have no issue calling out and reporting trolls.

Boomhauer likes this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That’s what makes a forum interesting, we all have different opinions on things, it would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything, and all had the same triggers etc. I’m glad you haven’t had to deal with any of the trolling, many here have and have commented. In my own experience being a snitch on the report button does little, others have better experiences, that’s life.

12. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I can’t believe there are people out there who dare frequent this website and DON’T own a Ferrari. As if! Do you also take the #7 Unsuccessful Train to Penn Station every morning? Amirite?

PTG1, Jaguar36 and Boomhauer like this.
  13. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I'm not from the area. Can you explain the comment/joke? Please

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #89 ylshih, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Thread title using "hate" leads readers to a conclusion not in evidence. I don't think it has anything to do with either "hate" or owners vs non-owners.

I think it's simply the phenomenon of some people talk when they should listen. We have lots of owners who have done one oil change or maybe even only seen a oil change done that will then proceed to lecture professional Ferrari techs, who have done thousands of oil changes, on how to do an oil change or tell other owners that the pros are ripping owners off and the owners should do their own and not patronize the pros. Similarly, there are lots of owners that will cruise the classified ads and reference their buying experience from 5-10 years ago and diss the car or price advertised by another owner because it doesn't accord with their outdated market perceptions. Lots of examples in assorted variations.

Case in point, there's a Ferrari owner here who has been going on Ferrari ad threads and telling interested parties that the new C8 is a better buy. :rolleyes:

BT, paulchua, rampante550 and 2 others like this.
  15. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Re last paragraph.... And is it?

daytona355 likes this.
  16. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That is simple. I’ve bought 2 of my Ferraris from dealers, so will try and go down that route and post how it goes.

17. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Can any Vette with 100K+ in production be better? UTTERLY PREPOSTEROUS. Plebeian talk I dare say good chap.

kes7u and BOKE like this.
  18. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I dunno. I was probably drinking when I wrote that. I was being faux douchey (deep down I really hate NYers so it's cool)

Jakuzzi, kes7u and BOKE like this.
  19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    This thread should turn into whose wife is hotter contest.

daytona355 likes this.
  20. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    PTG1, stavura, Nospinzone and 3 others like this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Shoot . This sudden becomes very competitive!

daytona355 and Jakuzzi like this.
  22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, I posted that #14 and don't think we've gotten anything.

Jakuzzi, miurasv and BOKE like this.
  23. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I get you 100% my friend. :) ;)

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    yin posted one about six posts above yours, and he’s a moderator

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you mean post #89 on January 7th when you started the thread December 24th? You and others couldn't provide a ton of examples in 89 posts?