Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by daytona355, Dec 24, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That's not me.

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Okay, well this thread has officially run its course

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Off topic...the QR code avatar is genius. Sad story,hopefully it helps someone.

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    When l post it says Silver Subscribed in silver to the right of PhilNotHill and to the right of that it says OWNER in gold

5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks. It's helped plenty!

6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    If I had to list irritating people on Fchat, I don’t think any of them would be non owners. Daytona, it would be good to know who you mean?

Or I should say, self-identifying non owners. For the rest of us owners who haven’t the time and patience to be verified by the laborious process you outline, it can be guesswork knowing who really is an owner and who is bulls-ing. When people are completely anonymous and claim to be owners, it makes it even more of a, what do they say in America, crap shoot?

I mean, I am semi anonymous but I could have made up the stuff I have posted about my cars, and used a picture from the internet for my profile, if I had a personality disorder, like much of the internet does.

DGPF and daytona355 like this.
  7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Plus, here's the thing, once you are "verified" as an owner, you are an owner for life. You could have sold your Ferrari 10 years ago, but that "Owner" banner lives on forever. ;)

Themaven and DGPF like this.
  8. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    We should make our own owner verified process and post the verification as our avitars that way we can get round the laborious process, all we have to do is someone start a list and then generate the verification avitars to give to the verified owner

Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Great if you are in the US and have a lot of fchat members around, useless in the UK where there are many fewer, and we all seem to live too far from each other, and as I’ve said, even asking if we have a mass ‘validation’ meeting at a ferrari owners event like silverstone, no one seems to be bothered to get it done. As a registration document showing name and address of the keeper can be verified easily, and screenshots may be taken of the ferrari owners app to prove ownership, there should be a more streamlined process without the need to find three people happy to meet someone they don’t know somewhere they’ve never been, to verify they have seen the guy with the keys - could have pinched the car or borrowed it for a test drive!

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I haven’t kept a list, nor tallied them up, but it’s something I’ve noticed over the years, and right up to recently. I’ve even been contacted by those that found themselves under attack when I’ve posted in a thread affected by this sort of thing, to thank me for trying to level things out again. As I clarified, it’s not all non-owners, but it just seems that the majority of issues of the type I raised seem to have a root with a small number of members who do not own, or have ever owned, a ferrari, yet they have such strong opinions or such supposed categoric knowledge and try to have us believe they know better than the owner of a particular car themselves!

11. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Howdy Sid,

As far as I am concerned, the "Owner" tag and "Owner's Forum" were both failed experiments that didn't go anywhere. I know what cars I currently own as well as the cars that I have owned in the past. We have both been around FerrariChat long enough to know which guys are real, and which guys aren't too.

Car ownership and being a knowledgable car guy are two completely different things. Whatever the procedure is to establish that a member is or isn't a Ferrari owner currently are irrelevant to me. Knowledge comes from experience. There is so much regurgitated hearsay all over every forum on the Internet that we have to be selective readers and figure out for ourselves what is going on with the posters or poseurs as the case may be. As you know, I live in Las Vegas. Any fool can rent an exotic car by the hour and blast social media with selfies of themselves in a variety of fancy cars. None of that really matters. Haters gotta hate and throw shade on knowledgable posters. It is just the way it is anymore.
    I really find it funny how many unsubscribed members are worried about getting that magical Image Unavailable, Please Login tag when they aren't willing to shell out $15 to subscribe to FerrariChat. The guys that have been around here long enough know what is up. The haters come and go without ever driving, let alone owning a car. Whatever.

Here is a great thread where guys I know that own cars got dissed by a fool. 348 New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major You even agreed with Andrew @NeuroBeaker in that one.;) In the end, the ignore button is your best friend and tool to avoid getting into it with haters, poseurs, and fools on FerrariChat.

Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy 2020!!!

Cheers,
    Marc

Flea7, Portofino and daytona355 like this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I was Rossa subscribed for a number of years, but when it got so that when I knew certain parties were out to get me, I stopped wasting money on the forum in the event I was paying to not be allowed access! Getting the owner badge wouldn’t get any extra credit anyway, but it would be nice to add to a users details, as it would at least qualify them more than the 12 year old in mummy’s basement trolling us all

yep, guilty as charged, I did agree with neuro in that thread, the idiots really were out in force in that one, and rightly so, Andrew sorted them out, they even tried popping at him, and much as he and I hate each other, there was no need for the abuse he was getting from them, and it’s a good example of people trying their hardest to damage the reputation of ferrari, in that case, the costs of replacement and fitting, for a very good car

DGPF likes this.
  13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Why would anyone pay for subscription when they're banned from a public and free section anyway?

Wouldn't make sense.

furoni, DGPF and daytona355 like this.
  14. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I wasn't poking at you for not be a subscribed member, I know you have been in Rossa for years.:D

The info to sign up for the instructions to "How to Join the Ferrari Owner's Forum" is right on top of the Silver Subscribed forum for subscribed members to read for over 11.5 years now. I never bothered to jump through the hoops because I don't care what tag is shown next to my name. It is all rather meaningless to me.

The stand-up members need to ignore the fools and handle our forum business in the spirit that it deserves. There always will be people throwing rocks in forums. The real guys have gotten to know each other over the years and also are good at detecting the poseurs. Best not to engage the poseurs, and they will just go somewhere else if we are lucky!!!

Life is too short to hate anyone in life, let alone on FerrariChat. This site is for sharing knowledge and entertainment. It is hard to be entertained if the site causes you heartburn.:( Always have fun always!!!

DGPF, Gh21631 and daytona355 like this.
  15. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i get to london every 6-8 weeks and will happily meet with and verify anybody who wants to be known as an owner.

PTG1 likes this.
  16. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    I can’t say I’ve been the brunt of any jealousy, but when I first joined some years ago, I assumed everyone on here was an owner. I found out pretty quickly that, that wasn’t the case, and of course, it made no difference to me. The only thing I’ve had, is non owners commenting on the cons of owning certain models, and various faults and costs etc, only to be completely wrong, and in the meantime discouraging a potential owner. I know a potential owner would not finalise a decision based on what a forum member says, but I don’t understand the mentality of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomhauer and daytona355 like this.
  17. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I will second that and make myself available at the same time to verify so just need one more

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Thanks guys, appreciated! Trouble is, my location says London, because all Americans know london, but I’m actually in the west, north of Bristol!

Forza Ferrari, F1’s most successful team

DGPF likes this.
  19. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Stay out of F1 and P&R.
    The rest of the site seems very helpful, encouraging and downright pleasant. :)

20. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
  21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Ross, that is good to know. But let’s say I happen to be in London on one of the 6 to 8 occasions you are here in 2020. Working day, we meet for coffee at my office in Mayfair, all nice. But that doesn’t make me an “owner”, as I understand it, even if we can hook up and I do remember to bring my car documents into the office that day. While it would be a pleasure to meet you, there’s a lot more rigmarole to getting an owner tag here than having a coffee with you.

22. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Daytona, understood, and I also know you have done a lot for this forum over the years.

Still, media doesn’t pay for itself, and as the old media model (paid for media) has died, we have a duty to pay owners of media like Fchat for being here, thru subscriptions. Annual Rossa membership is less than the price of a spark plug or two. Moderators work for free, but the best things in life are not..

BOKE likes this.
  23. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    To be honest I dont notice a lot of non-owners attacking owners, but then I dont pay attention to 90% of whats posted. I usually only look at the posts from people i know. Way too much noise out there.

Boomhauer likes this.
  24. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You bring the car to and meet another forum member with your documentation at the same time, that does the job as far as I understand, documentation alone will not do it

25. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The pay for membership is easy and I'm sure all would be happy to pay if verification as an owner, given the value and the money we spend on these cars a little subscription is nothing, I personally am just not prepared to pay for subscription when I am an owner but am not certified as one, it just feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts to be a genuine owner and pay a subscription but not have the accolade

kes7u and Themaven like this.